Saab Link Forums banner

my fun with CV boots

996 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  iwantaviggen 
#1 ·
well got around to changing out the pass side outer boot..
it went rather smoothly..
got stuck on the retaining clip..
thanks Dip for your help!!
here are some pictures..
ran into a couple of problems that need to be addressed..
chunks takien outa my brake line...
and my sway end link was stripped completly....
so i went onto eeuroparts and spend $80..
mind you the end link was only $19
heheheh

See less See more
#6 ·
steve.. all is together except the sway link... and the ABS sensor i forgot to put on.. but its okay its at home in the drive way..

JK.. the line is just like that for the picture.. the caliper was already off and hanging..

i think ss lines are in order!!

#7 ·
Oh....hahaha! I was wondering how it would have made a loop like that!

I also will be doing stainless lines soon on either one or both of my cars, I am all about getting the brakes as good as they can be with the stock claipers and rotors.

#8 ·
ugh CV's suck! when we had my tranny out we saw my front outer left was ripped so i replaced it and the inner and outer of the front right was still fine... then oh guess what the outer front right explodes! MAN have i got a huge mess... Well actually theres no greece left in it.. its bad and i cant get one of the bolts lose to do it myself. :(

glad your fixin everything! :)

#9 ·
AeroDynamic said:
Well actually theres no greece left in it.. its bad and i cant get one of the bolts lose to do it myself. :(
i see a whole bunch of hairy sweaty Greeks piled in your cv boot....

what bolt was stuck?

this was actually one of the least frustrating repairs i have done..
i enjoyed it

#10 ·
the main hub wont come apart... my boyfriend couldnt budge it either. The other side was easy and i did it by myself, but i think this ones going to be done by scanwest when i bring it up for another adjustment to my shifter linkage.

-KM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.