Saab Link Forums banner

Power Booster (Servo) from 2000 & 2003 Different

869 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Cloves 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 2000 convertible 9-3. B205L. My brake booster/servo has a leak so I am going to replace it.

I have a donor car 2003 convertible B205R, this car has the vigen leather seats and style on the inside. Looking at the EPC I can't make out the correct part number. Not sure if its Viggen,

When I put in the 2003 brake booster into my 2000, the male studs coming out of it for the maser cylinder didn't align correctly. Also the hole for the vacuum line is lower on the brake servo.

My question is can I swap the master cylinder from the 2003 into the 2000 as well? Trying to not have to spend extra money and utilize my parts off the 2003.

Brake booster off 2000 is part number 50 57 005
Brake booster off 2003 is part number 49 05 402

Those parts are not showing up in the EPC.

#3 ·
I don't know the answer to your specific question, but I think in 2003 many (most?) of the SE convertibles had Viggen trim but there were no true B235 Viggens that year, so you don't have a Viggen. Also, all 9-3 convertibles were carryover OG9-3's and the rest of the 9-3 lineup had moved on to the sport sedan; your donor car is the last of the last of the OG's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.