Dual Exhuast Video - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2006, 06:38 PM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Dual Exhuast Video

I've had a few people ask what does the dual exhaust on a V6 sound like so I decided to put my shiny new camera to work and brush up on some movie maker video editing. Here's a quick taste. I may add more as I shot a little more video, without the tire's screaming. BTW, no laws were broken in the filming of this video as it was done on a closed road.

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...nt=burnout.flv

Looks like the picture quality is a little worse then what I encoded it at but you get the idea.
Tboy

Last edited by Tboy; 07-05-2006 at 07:25 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Where's the vid?

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-05-2006, 07:23 PM   #3

The picture was supposed to open into a new window, I changed it to links, better?

Heres another, this time no burnout.
Idle, then part throttle first gear, then full throttle first with treaction control on.

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rent=Movie.flv

Tboy

Last edited by Tboy; 07-05-2006 at 07:26 PM.

Old 07-05-2006, 07:24 PM   #4
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaque_Out
Where's the vid?
http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...gAnch=imgAnch2

Deffinatly a unique ng900 man- Ilike the color a lot. Exhuast looks nice - but those Opel engines aren't much for DeepTones sadly- still it's a rather swift car! Very Impressed!
for your repair needs

Last edited by BurnsSide42; 07-05-2006 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:10 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to WyldSaabMan
cool vid
04 Yamaha YZF600R
00 Polaris XC700
99 Saab 9-3-RIP
98 900s N/A-RIP
Old 07-05-2006, 08:12 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to mg_td
sounds great

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 07-05-2006, 08:20 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
chirp in second lovin that!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:20 PM   #8
JK
Elder

i'm diggin it! You need to find a LA3 motor for that bad boy and have the ECU tuned to suit it...you'd be in major business then. But as is it's still pretty cool, glad to see someone is having fun with a V6 ng900!
Old 07-06-2006, 06:35 AM   #9
Trollerator
Elder

wow that v6 looks like it goes pretty nice. nice job!

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 07-06-2006, 06:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK9000s
i'm diggin it! You need to find a LA3 motor for that bad boy and have the ECU tuned to suit it...you'd be in major business then. But as is it's still pretty cool, glad to see someone is having fun with a V6 ng900!
I'm not sure what an LA3 swap would entail. Seeing as how it has a variable intact tract, I'm not sure it could swap easily with the ECU in the NG. More feasible is the swap RagtopCav on SC has done, its still an L81, but the 3 liter variant from the 9000. Stock figures for that were 210 (i think 190 for the saturn engine, don't know where the difference is). The 2.5 and the 3.0 in the 9000 are essentially the same except for the intake and the stroke (bore is a tad bigger too).

What I'd like to do is fit better cams (the 3 liter 9000 cams are said to be good for 10-15 hp) a lighter flywheel, more free flowing lower intake tract, and a higher rated FPR.

That along with a clutch upgrade, since mine is very old. That should be a good start, but I have turbo dreams for this car if I could get ahold of a decent one for cheap (even a stock one). Since its really a pipe dream at this point, I can't afford to commit alot of money yet.

Tboy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in