NG900 changes - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to BluAero
NG900 changes

I am starting to seriously consider getting a ng900 se..The Aero has given me many problems and is starting to become a money pit(and i don't know if i feel like replacing the transmission because of lending my car to my brother)..either it is going to get sold, parted out, or traded...Its presently at the shop, im having them look over the whole car and tell me everything that can be fixed.When i know that i can decide on what im going to do..

I was wondering what changes Saab made to the ng900's throughout the years..

I already know that 94- early 95 had some sort of suspension problems, 96 got OBD II, and 98 had an improved clutch.(Hyrdaulic?)

I was thinking I could get a low mil.(i.e. 100k-120k) 96-98 ng900 preferably a 98. Whats a good price to pay, and what can i expect in repairs/maintainence?

Thanks guys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2006, 01:03 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Marks9-3
the 97 had the upgraded brakes and shift linkage

yes the 98 went from cable to hydraulic clutch.

Id say go with a 97 or 08 if you planning to upgrade due to the better brake uptions available.

I got my '96 with 64k miles for $4700.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-17-2006, 01:16 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
tranny swaps on 9000's are cake though. the subframe splits and 1/3 of it drops, just to swap a trans. not too difficult to do it on those cars

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6

Old 06-17-2006, 04:07 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to BluAero
I know its not a rediculously hard job, but im thinking something newer, more reliable...but it needs more than that...

$4700 for 64K..seems like a pretty good deal...

Any areas prone to failure on most ng900's?

Maintaince done?(what should i look for that should have or needs to be done?)

Old 06-17-2006, 04:50 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Marks9-3
If its a 96 or later they will also have the updated suspension that you would otherwise have to make sure it was updated in the earlier versions. The ngs are a pretty stout car, make sure theres no smoke on start up (signs of a blown turbo), when you test drive it run it kinda hard and see if you can tell if the DI is going bad, find out when the last time the upper idler pully has been replaced (can sieze) and like all turbos, consistant oil changes.

Yeah it was an awesome ebay steal for that price.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #6

ng900's are proned to reverse gear failure........the dealer sells an upgraded reverse gear kit though.However it kinda leaves you with the same transmission type problems unless you find one that already had that kit installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in