couple Viggen questions - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2006, 10:35 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to JStoops
couple Viggen questions

theres a Viggen for sale near me for a good price. It's a one owner car, hes a rich guy who had every and all services done at the dealer (even has the original window sticker). It's silver, 4-door but the only down side is that it has 152k miles and it's never been in any accidents completely clear carfax. the brakes are recently done, recent DI, recent clutch, no Viggen rims (nice aftermarket ones i forgot which kind), and snow tires on Viking rims. what would you say is a good price? Also, whats the nice of that piece of T7's that alot of ppl have replaced that causes loss of boost? (BPC i think?) thanks in advance!

*edit* o yea it's a 2000
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2006, 11:10 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
7500-8500

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:16 AM   #3
JK
Elder

at 15X,XXX miles I would say $10,000 would be on the high side - it would be the max price I'd pay if the car was in PERFECT shape in, out, and under the hood. A car is only worth what a person is willing to pay for it.

The common items that cause ill motors are the DI, BPC valve, and the MAF/AMM (mass airflow sensor/air mass meter...it's known by a few names).

Old 06-08-2006, 11:21 AM   #4
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK9000s
at 15X,XXX miles I would say $10,000 would be on the high side - it would be the max price I'd pay if the car was in PERFECT shape in, out, and under the hood. A car is only worth what a person is willing to pay for it.

The common items that cause ill motors are the DI, BPC valve, and the MAF/AMM (mass airflow sensor/air mass meter...it's known by a few names).

10k is on the highside. I have seen a couple of 5dr 2000's for 9-11k with 90-100k miles. With 152k in mint shape I would say 9k is a MAX. But with those miles you will likely have some seat bolster wear and airdamn scrapes and stone chips putting it in the 75-8500 range.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I paid just a little bit above $9k on my 99 Viggen with 110k on it. Everything is in working order and all the major services were performed at the dealer, with a few oil changes here and there at the dealer too. Most oil changes were not done at the dealer though. I bought it from an independent dealer and talked them down a bit. It is completely stock and came with fairly new tires, although they are P6000's. Hope that helps.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:18 PM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to mg_td
dont do it, its probably got abusted tranny that yo udont know about...

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 06-08-2006, 06:31 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg_td
dont do it, its probably got abusted tranny that yo udont know about...
had to say it mike.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:25 PM   #8
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to gregfromnh
Picked up mine 126k miles for 7 grand. Interior is flawless, 3 sets of wheels with brand new potenza tires for the summer and nokians for the winter. Lightning blue, 99, minor rock chips, rear bumper scuff. Other than that, it appears to be perfect. Everything in working order, single owner car who went to the viggen driving school in Atlanta. DI casette, MAF, all done, lots and lots of dealer service and some oil changes done elsewhere. I found a rich guy who wasnt too concerned about money tho, so i lucked out.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:38 AM   #9
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregfromnh
Picked up mine 126k miles for 7 grand. Interior is flawless, 3 sets of wheels with brand new potenza tires for the summer and nokians for the winter. Lightning blue, 99, minor rock chips, rear bumper scuff. Other than that, it appears to be perfect. Everything in working order, single owner car who went to the viggen driving school in Atlanta. DI casette, MAF, all done, lots and lots of dealer service and some oil changes done elsewhere. I found a rich guy who wasnt too concerned about money tho, so i lucked out.

Yep that price is just right. Sounds like you have an excellent candidate to enjoy. You dont have to worry about keeping the miles down hehe.

Old 06-18-2006, 05:46 AM   #10
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to gregfromnh
yeh, I drive to school 50 miles round trip so its nice to have good gas mileage, and my friend and i who has an m3 split the driving. So it is a lot, but the guy treated the car right, so theres not tooo much to worry about.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:19 AM   #11
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregfromnh

jesus, tear tear. let's just say I overpaid for my 99 lol. but I bet yours doesnt have JE PISTONS! (the only thing i have up on most lol) haha. Ohwell.
)
'02 SG Viggen Coupe (sold)
'99 LB Viggen Coupe (sold)
'99 9-3 SE (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in