Front sway bar - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2014, 07:21 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

Front sway bar

So as I'm thinking my slave cylinder is taking a poop in my viggen and I've never done the clutch in it. I bought it with 100k now has 128k. When I drop the subframe to replace the clutch and everything would it be beneficial for me to put in the bigger front sway bar I have laying around from a parts car. Its a 26mm I believe and the stock is something like 22mm. I've got a 25mm in the back lowered on konis and eibachs poly bushings 6pt that's it for suspension. Stock strut bar will eventually get the GS one, but just haven't yet and a 3pt rear bar.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2014, 09:13 AM   #2

Making the front stiffer will increase understeer, so there might not be a huge benefit. I think the Viggen/SE front bars were made intentionally smaller...

Can someone verify that, or correct me if I'm wrong?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #3
gm
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Not a clue on the sizes but like stated increasing the front will increase understeer.

I kept the oem stock front sway bar and upgraded the rear along with koni spring/shocks.

Fwiw I thought the front upper and rear braces were totally worth the money

Saabless for the first time since 1986
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #4
Avid TSL User

Ok sounds like I'll be keeping the stock size sway bar in there. I know when I but the sas bars on my 9k it was a night and day difference but totally different chassis. I'll just put some poly bushings in the sway bar mounts while its down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in