99 9-3 Injector Harness - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Svenska94Aero
New to the Family

I fear I may have mixed up the connector for the IAC valve with one of the injector plugs while doing the HG on my girlfriend's new convertible. Can anyone point me to which plug is which? They're both gray, two-pin connectors and the same cutout on the side, and the wires are just long enough that either one matches perfectly. I'm stumped. A photo if anyone has one would suffice. Thanks!

Edit: figured out the wiring connectors, but I guess I may as well turn this into the build/general info thread for the car.

So, backstory, I managed to convince my GF to buy a Saab for her first car, so now I have a new project to tinker on without her knowing Nickturbo900 gave us a great deal on a rather clean '99 9-3 convertible. Black on tan leather, base model with the t25 turbo. Thankfully it's still t5 so I can actually still figure out how to work on it! The only pressing issue was the popped head gasket. I'd never done one before, but with much coaching from Nick and plenty of time researching and such (Dmitry's site was ridiculously helpful, of course) we jumped in headfirst.

Now, only three days later because I can never resist taking a break to BBQ, I finally wrapped everything up and got it back together. Seems to be running just fine now, purring right along, just has a decent amount of coolant and oil to burn off from the turbo housings and exhaust (oops).

The pics:

Yep, all those jugs in the last shot are full of the dreaded 'chocolate milk' goop. Yummy.

So I guess that's it for now. I've been warned to keep my fingers out of this one, we'll see how long before I can convince her to get a Viggen kit for it.

Last edited by Svenska94Aero; 05-28-2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Condensing threads
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to VWSAABVT
just start it both ways, you'll know pretty quickly if its right or wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
stg 5 99 9-3 coupe
96 900se sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #3
Elder

I've done this before!

I can get you wiring colors tomorrow when I get back to work...

But yes, it will run either way... just really bad... swap the plugs back, no harm done...

Old 05-28-2014, 06:09 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Svenska94Aero
Updated and expanded original post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in