2000 Viggen - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2006, 07:34 AM   #1
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via MSN to Griffin Send a message via Yahoo to Griffin
2000 Viggen

Not Sure if this is the right spot for this one or not.

I am looking at purchasing a 2000 Viggen it has about 109K miles which is alot for a 7 year old car. I was going to take a look at it maybe next weekend. The seller says that the DI Cassette has already been replaced and that the throttle body was being replaced today. So my question to you all is... Is there something that is wrong or has frequently gone wrong with the 2K viggen. If not should I be concerned about these parts being replaced. I can understand the the DI Cassette. The throttle body is what worries me.

Also any other things I should check would be great. I plan on bringing to a mechanic and haveing him go through it with a fine tooth comb.

Thanks in advance

86 Saab 900 (Project Car) 290000 Miles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2006, 07:39 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
MAF is something that should be replaced just out of caution every few years. I would do it every 25-30k miles to be safe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-19-2006, 07:45 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 90SPG
The throttle body died on my fathers 2001 viggen, so I wouldnt look at it as being a bad thing thats it has already been replaced in that one, one less thing you have to worry about.
"A car with an image so immaculate it can hold confession and communion."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in