soooooo.. hello - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2006, 07:31 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to danthegolfer
soooooo.. hello

lol hi there everybody.

i have returned to the forums! ive been really busy with school and work and life and bsically just havent had much time for leisurely forum posting, but i can start working it in now. anywho, updates on meh saab:
got everything fixed from the accident, however i do have some new problems!

problem #1: sitting in stopped traffic on 78east, due to construction. like 8 miles of no cars movbing.... im stiting with my friend and i get bumped from behind. i look back, and to my surprise see an 18 wheeler in my ass. that was fun.
he like barely barely tapped me i guess, i dont know what the douchebag was doing. but i nany case, the only damage to my car was done by his tow hooks (each put a nice gash in my bumper) so thats getting fixed.

the other problem.... confuses the hell out of me.
this is the scenario:
i turn off my car, take out the key, the car is in reverse. the key is OUT, there should be NO POWER at all flowing through the car. if the headlights are turned into the on position, which for me the4y always are, and i push the brake pedal in, my headlights come on, my dash lights up, AND my cd player turns on playing music (and my amp and subs work too). when the headlights are off, my CD player still cranks out music but the dash does not light up.

keep in mind... this is my brake pedal which is causing my headlights and headunit to work....

i have an aftermarket headunit that i installed, but this problem has only been happening for about 2 weeks... and i installed my cd player like a year ago.

i have thought about this, and thought, and thought... and i have got absolutely no idea what could be causing this.

other than that, i am pretty much problem free.

<3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2006, 07:42 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
He's back!

I have no idea how to fix your problem. Stop hitting the brakes when you get out of the car?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-10-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to WyldSaabMan
could be a grounding issues of some sort...just a guess
04 Yamaha YZF600R
00 Polaris XC700
99 Saab 9-3-RIP
98 900s N/A-RIP

Old 05-10-2006, 08:30 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
I know there is a way to turn your headlights on so give you a safe path into your house. This may be that feature. If you have your aftermarket stuf wired into it, I can see why it turns on.

Btw, your folks letting you come to Carlisle this year?
Old 05-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos
I know there is a way to turn your headlights on so give you a safe path into your house. This may be that feature.

Welcome Back
Yeah that is the follow me home feature. After you pull your key, and you flash your high beams and close the drivers door they stay on for 30sec. But that shouldn't be on the brakes.

Yeah you coming?

2004 9-5 Aero 5pd Stg 3 Wagon
1990 900 Convertible
2007 Cbr600

Last edited by adidas_007; 05-10-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:11 PM   #6
JK
Elder

I had the same headlight/brakelight/stereo problem, it was indeed a ground problem in the rear light cluster. Essentially you just need to tap into the ground on the light clusters and gound them to metal in the trunk.

The symptoms are soooo strange, but when I described them to my master tech friend he told me EXACTLY what it was...and I remembered him saying the same thing happens on ng900s and 9-3s on occasion.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:12 PM   #7
Elder

Welcome back... seems you unlucky with the accidents... good to hear everything is well though.

Old 05-11-2006, 03:27 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Welcome back!

Old 05-11-2006, 02:05 PM   #9
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via MSN to moski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos
I know there is a way to turn your headlights on so give you a safe path into your house. This may be that feature. If you have your aftermarket stuf wired into it, I can see why it turns on.

I have this stupid feature turned on in my car, is there anyway to turn it off?
Old 05-11-2006, 05:04 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
tech 2

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 05-11-2006, 05:27 PM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to WyldSaabMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by moski
I have this stupid feature turned on in my car, is there anyway to turn it off?
I would really say its stupid...plus it only happens if you hit the headlight switch with the car just turned off and the before you close the drivers door. If you dont flick the headlight stalk they dont come on, so whats the problem?
04 Yamaha YZF600R
00 Polaris XC700
99 Saab 9-3-RIP
98 900s N/A-RIP
Old 05-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #12

im not sure if ill be coming to carlisle, although i want to i will probably have to work that weekend :/

so its a ground problem with the rear brakelight? that is very interesting. because about a week before the problem started, my rear breaklight went out, and my mom took my car to NAPA while i was at school or something and got them to install a new bulb. douche bags couldnt figure out how to get the SID clear, maybe they messed with something they shouldnt have.

lol

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
Old 05-12-2006, 10:23 AM   #13

jk900s, when yuo say i need to reground the rear lights... how do i do that? i mean can i just fix a conection somehwere or am i going to have to run a whole new wire and drill a hole in my trunk or something.

Completed Mods:
Old 05-12-2006, 10:48 AM   #14
JK
Elder

I believe you pretty much just run a ground wire from your tail light circuit board to any place in the trunk. Thats how it works when you do it on a 9000 or c900.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in