Looking for the Vig owner in Bedford, NH - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Looking for the Vig owner in Bedford, NH

So here's the story of tonight and why I'm posting this. My friend has an 89 F-150 with a 4.9 crate motor in it plus all kinds of other stuff that's rather new and good. He calls me up and says his battery is dead and nothing goes. He gets a donor battery from someone and makes it to my shop the next day (yesterday) and then that battery is totally dead (and I mean DEAD). We get the new on in, he needs a new alternator after testing with the Midtronics. So he gets the alternator and borrows my old car while his is parked on my lawn. We go to fix it today and find it needs a new power connector. Napa is closed, all the others that are lousy don't have it. So we drive around for no reason and on the way home I look to my left on the off ramp and there's a guy with a 4 door silver Viggen! We wave and smile big and then he pulls away because his lane has no traffic. Later I sped past him as he turned onto another road. The funny thing is I had already seen one just like it that day, but with an older lady driving. I gave her a thumbs up but I think she thought I was flipping her off. Either way this guy had the license plate I wanted, VGGNIT so I kinda want to meet him. Are you this mystery Viggen driver around Bedford, NH? Or do you know someone with this car and in this general area? Lemme know if you guys know anything. Thanks. And of course there's the possibility no one knows anything. But I'll definitely be keeping an eye for more Viggens as the warmer weather is upon us here finally.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2006, 04:56 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
That would be Matt Abbott - he's from Concord if Im not mistaken and he was one of the main orgainzers of SiS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-05-2006, 04:59 PM   #3

He was a rather young looking guy, so if Matt Abott is on the young side of the hill this might be him. Is he here on this board? Thanks.

Old 05-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #4
Elder

Its definatly Matt Abbott - I know him and yes he is younger looking and yes he's on the board, he goes by VIGGINIT here.

Quote:
Old 05-05-2006, 05:11 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
That's definitely Matty Abbott, he posts here once in a great moon (usually with Crisman Foundation-related stuff) as VIGGENIT. He's from Amherst but I think he mentioned living in Coontocook?

Old 05-05-2006, 05:58 PM   #6

Contoocook..wow. not too bad, I drive by that all the time going to my grandmothers. I also go thru amherst at least once a week. sweet. maybe I'll catch him cruising around again. But it is so true how much people underestimate the Viggens. That lady has no clue what she's got....but she can drive a stick!

Old 05-05-2006, 06:15 PM   #7
Elder

You say M-Town, you mean Mmk? That's where I work. I'm still there right now, in fact. At work. If you drove down 101A I bet you'd find a blue 9-3 Anni in a parking lot at a certain IT company.

I have seen the older woman with the Vig in the past, I bet you she does know what she has. My grandma can still drive stick, or she could if she didn't break her ankle every time she tried

Old 05-05-2006, 07:47 PM   #8

Yeah, M-town is Merrimack. Is this the same IT company that it thinking of taking over that entire plaza now that the theater is gone? That's the only one I can think of in M-town on 101A. I call it M-town reflecting on my days at M-town High, where many a bad day was spent wishing I was somewhere else. Thankfully I graduated and now am doing what I love to do: working on cars.

On the note of the Viggens, today was the first day I had seen any in my area, and I saw 2 in one day! I was very surprised when I saw the first one, but the second one was like, whoa, 2 in one say?!!? Wicked cool.

Old 05-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley

^^ Matt's car.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to VIGGENIT
AH! Caught! Yes that was me. Today was the last day of school so i was moving my stuff back home and was on my way to meet up with a friend for a drink. I was excited to see another Viggen tonight. At first i wasnt sure cause it was kinda dark out but then my headlights caught the exhaust tip. Your car was very clean, and looked sweet going down the road. I was wondering how long it would take you to realize there was another viggen driving next to you. Hopefully we will see each other speeding around town...i promise next time to stop and say hey. You'll probably see me out tomorrow (Sat) evening for a cruise after i detail the hell out of it haha. take it easy.
88 900T
"the saab 900: built like a Merc, safe as a Volvo, and so much cooler than a BMW"
Old 05-06-2006, 02:30 AM   #11
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Matt, if youre in the area, give me a shout! I'll most likely be going for a drive afternoon/night tonight until everyone gets out of work lol. Maybe ill see ya around?
)
'02 SG Viggen Coupe (sold)
'99 LB Viggen Coupe (sold)
'99 9-3 SE (sold)
Old 05-06-2006, 05:17 AM   #12
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalvinr11
Yeah, M-town is Merrimack. Is this the same IT company that it thinking of taking over that entire plaza now that the theater is gone?

Yep that's the same one, but we've always owned the whole plaza (well since 1997-ish). The theatre wasn't profitible anymore and they didn't want to renew their lease, now it's office / storage space for us. AFAIK it was always PCC property.

Old 05-06-2006, 05:35 AM   #13

Was it just a viggen or a SICK viggen?
Old 05-06-2006, 06:08 AM   #14
Elder

^^^^what?

Old 05-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #15

hey alright! No I didn't make it out today, as it was a rather sad day for my family but one that brings closure. Today my grandfather was finally buried after his death in Janurary. It's rather hard to do that kinda stuff in the winter, so it waiteduntil today. So I spent the entire day up in LAconia with the fam and such and even managed to ruin a perfectly good set of khakis (sp?) and a nice polo. My grandmothers lawn mower wasn't working so I took some stuff apart, including the dip stick and tube assembly....pulled to start it and it sprayed oil all over me. I was so clean up until then!! oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyakasha07
to answer that question, it was a sick Viggen. Even if it may have been a bit on the dirty side. Didn't look bad at all in the twighlight at that moment.

Old 05-06-2006, 04:05 PM   #16
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyakasha07
Ok - Im usually pretty patient, but fucking post something useful once and a while.

Quote:
Old 05-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #17
SAABeginner

Hey Matt, it is really funny when I was reading this forum I heard silver four door Viggen. I was like yeah that has got to be Matt. Are you glad to be out of school for the summer? Yeah I will PM you with my e-mail so you can send me some pics from SIS. Hey kwkslvr you are from hudson right well I worked in Hudson last summer and I think I saw you around and all the people I was working with told me to shut up because I kept saying damn there is that Viggen. Do you know John Barbuti I worked with him and he said that you lived down the street from him. He has two sons one I think just graduated and the other is still in high school. But I delivered beer to the Market Basket as well as the new stop and shop across the street and that is were I use to see you. If that is not you than sorry. Kalvinr11 I live in A-Town (Amherst) when I come back from school in June we will have to cruise the 101A and kick some chopstick ass. Yeah my baby is in the midldle of being worked on I started the Viggen turbo upgrade last summer but I could not finish before I had to go back to school. But I should have her done with two more days of hard work.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #18

alright! I've been down 101A many a time going to amherst and milford and whatnot. where in amherst are you? I'm pretty much on the bedford side of m-town but I go thru amherst every sunday and sometimes a couple other days too. I've found there are actually a ton of people from around here, which is really sweet.

Old 05-07-2006, 03:01 PM   #19
Elder

I'm usually in Manch every weekend, within walking distance of the Rite Aid on Elm St. There's usually a Chopstick Club meet lateish Saturday evenings, we should all gang up and make them cry in their egg drop soup.

Old 05-07-2006, 03:18 PM   #20

SaabinNH, yep thats me.
)
'02 SG Viggen Coupe (sold)
'99 LB Viggen Coupe (sold)
'99 9-3 SE (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in