pass door lock stuck. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2014, 06:13 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

passenger door lock was stuck... now i broke it. HELP.!

every problem with this car so far has been sooo stupid.
97 900se talladega vert 5speed

i wake up this morning go out and unlock the driver door it opens fine. my key is stuck in the ignition still but i did find a second key i didnt know about. so i unlocked the driver door no problem but the pass door didnt unlock.
i go arounf and put the key in but it will not turn. ofcourse the lock is spring loaded so i cant just pull the lock to open the door. i even pulled the battery cable to cut power but the lock it still stuck.

i do not wanna force it because i got one key stuck in the ignition and i dont wanna snap this other key in the door.

any suggestions on how to get the pass door to open.?

Last edited by Saabkid900T; 03-11-2014 at 08:02 AM. Reason: update
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
Avid TSL User

UPDATE...

ok i tried to turn the key again hoping i wouldnt snap the key and i guess i gave it a little too hard of a turn and now the lock spins all the way around freely. i shattered the lock before breaking the key...

now that there is no lock to turn and the door itself is still locked....
HOW DO I GET THE DOOR OPEN.? please help guys.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #3
Elder

The tumbler is supposed to spin freely, the lock is probably just sticky from not being used. Spray some penetrating oil in and lit it sit for a day, rinse it out with a little brake cleaner, then lubricate it with dry graphite lock lubricant.

It may also be in "deadbolt" mode which is why you can't pull up the lock tab on the inside of the door.

Did you get an owner's manual with the car? It will explain all about how the locks work and may answer some of your issues.

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #4
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewP View Post
The tumbler is supposed to spin freely, the lock is probably just sticky from not being used. Spray some penetrating oil in and lit it sit for a day, rinse it out with a little brake cleaner, then lubricate it with dry graphite lock lubricant.

It may also be in "deadbolt" mode which is why you can't pull up the lock tab on the inside of the door.

Did you get an owner's manual with the car? It will explain all about how the locks work and may answer some of your issues.
im not sure its supposed to spin freely 360 degrees all the way around like mine does now. wen i turned it i heard like i guess a snapping noise and then the key went in a complete circle..
i will definalty look in the book to read up on the locks but im just hoping i can get the door unlocked.
then i still need to figure out how to get the key outta the ignition. ughhh
Old 03-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #5
Elder

You might be right about the tumbler. The 9-5's have floating lock cylinders so that if you put in the wrong key it just spins freely, I must have been thinking of that.

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in