Paint codes - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2006, 11:35 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

Unhappy Paint codes

Hey does anyone have the paint code for saab "crystal silver" i have just kerbed my wheel and need to repair/ repaint....it sucks
hoping for some prompt reply
thanks guys

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cymru am byth (Wales forever) STAGE 3 241bhp 380Nm

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2006, 04:16 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
I think its in your door, at least it is on a coupe. Scarabe green is paint code 230.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-01-2006, 04:35 AM   #3
Avid TSL User

thanks Tweek but i thought that was just the cars standard body paint code i was after the code for the paint finish for my now scuffed wheel they are the double y spoke and listed from E*k Parts as crystal silver

Old 04-01-2006, 04:59 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
You can say Elkparts here.

I'm going to the dealer... NOW and I will try to find out about this for you.

Last edited by guru; 04-01-2006 at 05:02 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:08 AM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to ricot83 Send a message via MSN to ricot83
be careful but i got the paint at eeuroparts and i believe it was cheaper and exact match. It is a german silver wheel paint i thnk wurth I still have some at home to fix a little scratch in one of my wheels
Old 04-01-2006, 07:59 AM   #6
JK
Elder

Wurth wheel paint is probably what you want - it's what we used in the body shop I worked for, and it is good quality stuff. It comes in a pretty big can too, so you can do the enitre wheel, or just part of the wheel.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:53 AM   #7
Avid TSL User

Thanks for that Guru,
guys i dont think ive ever seen wurth paint for sale this side of the pond but thanks for the heads up.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:55 AM   #8
Avid TSL User

checked the dates sorry for late response too much to do and not enough hours in the day to do it

Old 04-03-2006, 11:38 AM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
I forgot to check, sorry YOu can try patricksaab.com or something like that. They have a chart where you can cross-reference paint codes.

Old 04-03-2006, 12:14 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

thanks for the link Guru

Old 04-04-2006, 11:18 AM   #11
SAABeginner

I'll be interested on what results you get Cymru. The finish on the OEM Saab alloy looks a bitch to match. I ended up re painting my alloys w/ Vauxhall/Opel Star Silver spray cans.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:28 AM   #12
Trollerator
Elder

Here you go some DIY wheel repair:

http://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/667385.phtml

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/949926.phtml

the wurth wheel paint seems to be a good idea. not sure how close it matches but it looks like a good one to try. you could always repair and then hit all 4 rollers with some totally different paint to be sure they match. like the duplicolor wheel paints in silver, gray , gunmetal or black.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 04-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #13
Avid TSL User

Thanks Dan, will prbably have a go over the weekend ...weather permitting.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #14
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave93
I'll be interested on what results you get Cymru. The finish on the OEM Saab alloy looks a bitch to match. I ended up re painting my alloys w/ Vauxhall/Opel Star Silver spray cans.
I will let you know how it works out
you must be one of the closest people geographicly to me ... well across the border anyway might have to arrange a get together or something.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:10 PM   #15
Avid TSL User

well wheels repaied and painted used simoniz silver paint not bad slightly darker colour but the kerb marks are gone. will still get them refurbished at some point and will purchase a spare set of wheels for winter / ragging the hell out of...

Old 05-04-2006, 07:45 AM   #16
SAABeginner

Sorry to dig up an old thread, just been catching up w/ whats been going on here. Great work Cymru, I was quite impressed when I'd done my rims but was less than happy when a dumb tyre fitter chipped one recently. As I can't prove it, guess I'll be sorting it soon.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:23 PM   #17
Avid TSL User

thanks mate. got to get new tyres soon so will watch fitter closely. good to see that you are back.
Mark

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in