Bye Bye 9-3SE! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2006, 02:13 PM   #1
Pat
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to Pat
Bye Bye 9-3SE!

Got it in august for 5300, put 12k miles on it, and noted the clutch was showing impending signs of dying...slowly beginning to slip, so figured i was time to part ways being I just really didnt feel like replacing it. 1 bulletin on myspace later, and booya.... Saab sold for 8 grand...Kinda nice to get paid 3 grand to drive a saab for 7 months, lol.

Hopefully a viggen is in order... probably just going to take time to find one I want.

Anyways, enjoy your saabs. Its back to pimping the moms 95 cougar for me for right now. WOOHOO to domestic garbage!
'00 9-3 SE HOT - sold
'99 9-3 - Sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2006, 02:19 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
hahaha hopefully you find a viggen soon.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-14-2006, 03:12 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
aaahh damn thats so tight you just came up 3grand!
yes please viggen!

Old 03-14-2006, 07:37 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to mg_td
did the guy know about the slipping clutch? was there anythign else wrong with the car?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 03-14-2006, 07:38 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Maybe he got help from JStoops in making profits??? Glad I didn't go to that business school.....

Please explain!
Old 03-14-2006, 07:59 PM   #6
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
I would feel bad selling someone a car with a somewhat serious problem.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer
I would feel bad selling someone a car with a somewhat serious problem.
especially for 8 grand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 03-14-2006, 09:13 PM   #8
Pat
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to Pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg_td
did the guy know about the slipping clutch? was there anythign else wrong with the car?
Clutch isnt too bad off... I just noticed that it is going downhill from when I bought it. Could totally go out tomorrow, could last another 60k and i just guaged the feeling wrong, who knows. Nothing else wrong with the car except minor things. Driver side rear fog was burnt out which causes sid to display rear light failure on startup, and the back pass window doesnt roll down. a piece broke and i just never got it replaced. other than that though its tip top shape.

I Dont feel bad about selling it. He knew of the quirks it had, I put all the information about the car up, so if he woulda took the time to book it he woulda saw it wasnt the best deal. I grew up in a house where ive seen more cars come and go then a typical dealership, and all cars have turned a profit... frankly put... Im immune to feeling bad for making a profit. As long as I dont lie to get it, then its all fine in my book.
'00 9-3 SE HOT - sold
'99 9-3 - Sold
Old 03-14-2006, 09:23 PM   #9
Elder

why does everyone get all butt hurt when someone makes money off there car?? Its not like he is lying about it and if people want to be stupid and over-pay for it, then why not sell it to them? And thats a really nice car for 8k.

-KM
Old 03-15-2006, 04:10 AM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Pat, I'll keep my eyes out for one up here for ya.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:30 AM   #11
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to goviggen
the thing about cars is... someone trash is somebody elses gold... I have over paid for cars in the past, but to me it was worth it...
I've also purchased cars for practically free that were worth a lot... to the person who sold it... it was worth selling it fast even if they didn't get any money out of it... and furthermore... I have sold cars for way too much... and the buyer was more than willing to pay...
Moral of story... price is in the writing... value is in the comodity.... worth is in eyes
Old 03-15-2006, 07:09 AM   #12

I never said you should feel bad for making a profit, jstoops should have because he was a real asshole bragging that he sold a fucked up car to someone..... thing is you never answered the question, so that makes me think you actually didnt tell him why you were selling it, the clutch slips. my butt doesn't hurt, but id be pissed if someone knew about a fairly serious problem with something, a problem they didnt want to fix themselves because it was too much of a hassle, and didnt tell me before they sold it to me. its just common courtesy and good business practice.
i dont think everyone here should have to take a business ethics course to understand what is wrong with selling damaged goods without notifying the purchaser.

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq

Last edited by mg_td; 03-15-2006 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:34 AM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg_td
my butt doesn't hurt, but id be pissed if someone knew about a fairly serious problem with something
We bought my car without having a mechanic look at it because even if there was stuff wrong with it i would have bought it anyways. After i bought it i found out scanwest had done a complete inspection on it for the dealership and found a TON of stuff wrong with it. For example bad bearing noises developing in the transmission, a slipping clutch, and many other things. (imagine that huh? now im swapping the tranny AND clutch :roll) I was never told that they had anyone look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goviggen
the thing about cars is... someone trash is somebody elses gold... I have over paid for cars in the past, but to me it was worth it...
Exactly! I way over paid for my car but its so worth it and i didnt even think twice about what i was paying for it
Old 03-15-2006, 08:04 AM   #14

but you see, a 9k aero is a little bit more rare than a 99 9-3 se....

for example, my dad bought a very slightly used mercedes from the dealer around here in january of 97 or 98, we always suspected the car of being in an accident, because of a few details i dont really feel like explaining, long story short, he'll never buy another merc, or anything from those people (the salesman that sold him the car now sells suits).
the place where i go my car, told me that it had been in a light accident, which i probably never would have known as there was no serious damage, but they told me anyway.

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq

Last edited by mg_td; 03-15-2006 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:19 AM   #15
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to JStoops
haha had some spare time so i get to look through some of the old threads i missed and some stupid prick who doesn't know who i am or what happened decides to bring my name into a conversation. listen mg_td as long as you and Stromer are ass buddies and never had the balls to meet me face to face keep my name out of your fucking mouth until you meet me in person. stupid ass
Old 04-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to ricot83 Send a message via MSN to ricot83
j what do u drive now? havent seen u in a long time
Old 04-01-2006, 10:50 AM   #17
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStoops
haha had some spare time so i get to look through some of the old threads i missed and some stupid prick who doesn't know who i am or what happened decides to bring my name into a conversation. listen mg_td as long as you and Stromer are ass buddies and never had the balls to meet me face to face keep my name out of your fucking mouth until you meet me in person. stupid ass

^^^
its people like that should be getting the bans not people who actually contribute to the site and are nice...unlike this complete asshole

Old 04-01-2006, 02:42 PM   #18

pickin up a 9k aero at the end of april.... should hang out again sometime rico
Old 04-01-2006, 03:03 PM   #19
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
Yeah, I just read this... I'm with you Nathan, even if people aren't getting banned. There's an obvious difference between a joke and something someone says when they don't like being called out on shit that others find morally reprehensible.

If you sold something that you knew wasn't acceptable, own up to it. Don't flaunt that you knew it had a shitty trans and turned a profit, unless you want people to notice. Calling Seth and Mike "butt buddies" doesn't help you save any face, either...

Old 04-01-2006, 03:11 PM   #20

"being called out on shit that others find morally reprehensible. "
if they knew the truth instead of making it up themselves.... then i wouldnt have a problem.

if you feel the need to judge too go find the old thread and read it in its entirety.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in