96 900 se turbo build - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
TSLMember

96 900 se turbo build

Ok so thought i would document the new build. I got this ride off cl for 300 and an xbox, replaced the map sensor and she fired right up. So its time to start making her my own.
Pulled the grill because I got bored today got something really sweet planed for it and don't want to spoil it so will see it in a day or two.
Next went ahead and got a complete intercooler kit from ebay, complete with knock off greddy rs bov and 2.5 inch piping couplers and clamps and a blacked out 28 x 7 x 2.75 fmic all for $95 no brainer.
Ordered new gasket set figured should go ahead and do it,
Went ahead and got new head bolts, manifold studs.
Ordered a pretty cool mbc to use untill am ready to do the tune ( t5 suite ).
Ordered up some 2.5 and 3 inch stainless steel to do exhaust and downpipe will be using borla high flow muffler and apexi cat not sure about mid muffler depends on how loud it is kind of want to keep it sleeper.
Starting build on Saturday will update.

Last edited by sleeper93; 09-18-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
TSLMember

Ok so got some work left to do but here is the start of the grill

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:58 AM   #3
TSLMember

Ok so made some changes this weekend. Got the intercooler installed and the 2.5 piping. Still working on tuning the mbc and bov. Upgraded the brake pads and rotors and did a full bleed and flush of the braking system. Did custom 2.5 cat back no mid pipe, thrush welded 2.5 in dual 2.5 out sounds amazing. Jvc head unit, polk mm 6.5, polk 3 way 6 x 9, polk 4. Still need to install the 4 channel jl audio amp, mtx mono amp and the 2 10 inch mtx subs in a bad ass ported box. Have the gs poly motor and trans mount and a beck arnley rear mount going in this week. Finishing up rebuilding the td04-19t turbo and will be installing after it gets ballanced. Went ahead and did head gasket, valve cover gasket, timing chain, water pump, and a few other things this last weekend, and somehow screewed up my abs system, speedo died, I think i may have loosened the speed wire on the rear when i did the rotors need to check that out.
More to come.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
TSLMember

Old 10-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
SAAB Road Master

Quick turn around on the upgrades. Keep up the good work (:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #6
TSLMember

Unhappy

Old 10-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Marks9-3
You're going to want to find a way to get that IC pipe to not stick down like that. It's only a matter of time before you bash it pretty good. Just a heads up before it's too late.

How many miles on the car?
Old 10-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #8
Avid TSL User

Send a message via Skype™ to Tap804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks9-3 View Post
You're going to want to find a way to get that IC pipe to not stick down like that. It's only a matter of time before you bash it pretty good. Just a heads up before it's too late.

How many miles on the car?
Bash it, rip off a clamp, tear silicone.... nothing fun to deal with.
Plus a shorter route will decrease lag time, looking good so far! keep up the good work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in