Factory Warantee on Corrosion? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to goviggen
Factory Warantee on Corrosion?

I'm wondering if anyone knows what the factor warrantee was on corrosion for 2001? My Viggen has developed some rust on the rear wheel well arch, I thought I heard somewhere that it was 7 year unlimmited mileage but can't find it anywhere for certain... anyone know?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by goviggen
I'm wondering if anyone knows what the factor warrantee was on corrosion for 2001? My Viggen has developed some rust on the rear wheel well arch, I thought I heard somewhere that it was 7 year unlimmited mileage but can't find it anywhere for certain... anyone know?

I think it is over 6 years, so either way go take care of it now at a dealer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
I remember when I had the pontiac parked next to your viggen last year, I mentioned that we had rust in the exact same place I would suggest painting the rusty spot with some POR-15 if your dealer won't fix it for free.

Old 03-02-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Not sure if this is related, but the dealer I go to repainted part of my roof under warranty because some of the paint was cracking.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero1116
Not sure if this is related, but the dealer I go to repainted part of my roof under warranty because some of the paint was cracking.

reaaallllyyy...
i have some paint cracking on my door and bumpers...
wat did you tell them? and how bad was it?
Old 03-02-2006, 02:17 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLorean
I would suggest painting the rusty spot with some POR-15 if your dealer won't fix it for free.
Any prep work for this job or what? I have a small rust spot at the corner of my rear wheel well too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:26 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
it's typical of not just cavalier based cars, but basically any car designed in the 1980's and early 90's. Hondas and toyotas are some of the worst for this rear fender area rust I have ever seen. There are 3 slices of steel that come together in this section and it's all done in one long line of spot welds... any stones that fly up and chip the original paint and you have an instant rust spot starting. if it's not corrected this can end up being the end result-

the prep work that's needed depends on how bad the rust is.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:08 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Every time I wash the car, I flush out the inside of the fenders. You can feel a sharp lip inside that loves to trap dirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in