God darned POT HOLES :( - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2006, 07:40 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via MSN to Passion4_900
God darned POT HOLES :(

Ok, well this was a buisy morning.... finaly heading to the office and this car is turning onto a side street. As usual, you go beside the car and keep going. This particular street is relatively wide and you could fit 2 car widths in one lane. Well, at a distance you dont notice the pothole but once I saw it, it was too late!!!! ggggggggrrrrgrrigeruiogeruoeruer f**K!!!! [email protected]~*#@#@. So the front passenger side rim sinks into this 2 foot wide by 1 foot deep pothole. Luckily did not rip any of the undercarage or the ae skirting. About 2 miles down the road, the tire has nomore air in it and I pull over. Jack up the car and throw on the spare. Then I notice a bad bend in the rim. Luckily not a woble but rather a dent in the edge that slowly leaked out some air. So I have to send it out, gona cost 120$, and in the meantime, drive with a stealie that I bought off of them for another 90$.

GOOD MORNING DANIEL !!!! WELCOME TO MARCH 1st!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2006, 07:41 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Just curious, what size wheel and which style?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-01-2006, 09:02 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
I could have started a thread with the same title this week. I feel ya on this one My pothole claimed two rims

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:09 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
where is this place your sending the rim out to? and do you have any contact info?

and does anybody know if a wheel that has a crack in it can be fixed? i know they can be straightened, but i have no idea about small cracks being fixed.

Nick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 03-01-2006, 09:43 AM   #5

The rims are the turbo aniversary rims that are mentioned in my "new car" pictures thread..... Thers a local guy who restores them and apparently does a realy good job.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:54 AM   #6
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to goviggen
I also have been victim of the potholes this year... Driving through Mass getting onto 495 South, from rt3, there is a whole about 2 feet wide about a foot deep, Totally rediculous... and its one of those on ramps that you get on the ramp at about 40, and by the time you merge onto the highway you are well on your way to 110... and the pothole... I hit it right about 95... so my front Viggen wheel = bent... two weeks later, driving through North Conway heading towards Burlington VT... traveling on Rt 2 west... its basically about 100 miles of frost heaves... those of you who don't know what frost heaves are... ask a new englander! now both the driver side front and rear wheels are bent...
Old 03-06-2006, 11:14 AM   #7

ohhhh that hurts... I almost did it again on my trip to toronto last week end. And I came back last night to my dad telling me that they busted the rim trying to fix it so now, I'll have to buy a used one for a bit more.

My eyes are somuch more alret to potholes now!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
if they busted it then they should pay for it right? that sucks man! sorry to hear it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in