snow tires capital district ny - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2006, 08:50 AM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to mg_td
snow tires capital district ny

dukted where did you get your snows? mine are nearing bald, and i definitely need replacement.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2006, 10:16 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Mike....I got 4x NEW 205/55/16 snows mtd and balanced from Greg Smith for a decent price. If I recall the tires were under $100 apiece. I'd give him a call and see what he can do for ya. 518-463-1263

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-15-2006, 11:40 AM   #3

thanks mike

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq

Old 01-15-2006, 02:12 PM   #4
Elder

No prob. He got them for me in under a week. If you don't really care about dry handling that much the ones I got are pretty good and reasonably cheap. Winterforce's (made by Firestone I think). They've got a nice directional tread and the lugs are kind of stepped. I've been glad to have them in the few significant snowfalls we've had here so far.

Old 01-15-2006, 04:05 PM   #5

yeah, driving in the midst of this most recent nasty precip was not fun, doable, but not fun....

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 01-15-2006, 05:28 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
winterforce's are incredible. ive had two sets of them now and they are very sticky in the snow

Nick

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 01-17-2006, 06:24 AM   #7
Trollerator
Elder

I got my NOKIAN at broadway auto clinic in ALbany.

I hear they also sell them at this place in Wynantskill (just past where my apratment was in Troy) I forget the name.

you can get Blizak probably alot more places closer by to campus.

in the storm I was driving a RWD cargo van full of couches. it took from 8PM until 4AM to get home from New Haven. it should have only taken 3 hours. I almost bit the dust a few times on the highway.

glad to be driving my car again.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 01-17-2006, 06:47 AM   #8

Very much liking the Dunlop Wintersport M3s i just got put on.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:44 AM   #9

yeah i dont really want blizzaks again, they wore very fast, hakkas woudl be cool, but are pricey, i was thinking about those dunlops blue, but it would be nice to be able to get tires locally and quickly at minimal cost

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 01-17-2006, 07:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg_td
yeah i dont really want blizzaks again, they wore very fast, hakkas woudl be cool, but are pricey, i was thinking about those dunlops blue, but it would be nice to be able to get tires locally and quickly at minimal cost
tirerack.com = $109 per tire + $36 for shipping. They arrived next day. They can drop ship to the shop you'd have put them on. All done and on for $500 (+/- $5) total. These winter tires handle better than my old all-seasons used to!
Old 01-17-2006, 08:34 AM   #11
Elder

Again...talk to Greg...he can order stuff wholesale through tirerack I believe and then you don't have to deal with whatever extra the shop may charge you to mount/balance tires you brought. He was more then happy to show me several choices for tires when we were discussing it way back in the Fall.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:03 PM   #12

ill give him a call tomorrow, i have no class on wednesdays yet...

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 01-17-2006, 01:19 PM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg_td
ill give him a call tomorrow, i have no class on wednesdays yet...
An open day, how nice that was. I had Fridays off more then a few times...now that was sweet.

Old 01-17-2006, 04:11 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Heh, I have all Fridays off, well, from classes anyways, internship takes up 8-6, ugh.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:48 PM   #15

i dont think itll be free for long, whatever calc class i can get will probably put something in the middle

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 01-17-2006, 06:42 PM   #16
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromer
Heh, I have all Fridays off, well, from classes anyways, internship takes up 8-6, ugh.
I have the rest of my life off from classes I get paid to get up each day instead.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in