Green stuff pads question - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
Green stuff pads question

I'm looking to get these an am wondering if they are worth it versus other pads. Anyone sporting these on there ride? For $44 it "seems" like a deal
The ad says for 93-98 but the item number/part number given in the add says ( DP21062), which will work for my 99 9-3 according to genuine saab under where they sell them. They are sold there for $75. I now the price differce is a lot because this is an auction and the buyer beware metality, but just wonder on your thoughts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EBC-G...QQcmdZViewItem

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2005, 12:42 PM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

The auctions says for years 1993-1998, which makes no sense. They still made classic 900s in 1993. And from 94-96 the brakes are different than from years 1997 onwards - 1997-1998 NG900 and 9-3s use the same front brakes. I'd ask the seller to clarify what brakes he's selling.

I've got EBC pads on my car. The beak-in period takes forever, but then they perform great, its just a little noisy. As for the dustless part, this is bullshit - while they do produce less dust than normal, by no means can they claim the pads to be dustless

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-13-2005, 01:04 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
Look into HAWKS as well another great pad and on par with EBC's on performance.

Old 12-13-2005, 01:07 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
I had Greenstuffs in my GT. I was not blown away by any attribute aside from how fast they wore out and the $99 price tag.

I have been running Hawks and not only is the price better but they bite is as good if not better and they seem to last a lot longer.

Hawk will be the pad I use on the Vig when its time.

Old 12-13-2005, 01:33 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
Alot of people really like the Hawks and say they perform as good if not better than the EBC's in most cases with less dusting too.

Old 12-13-2005, 02:39 PM   #6
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Who sells the HAWKS?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:49 PM   #7
Editor
Elder

I spent 80 some dollars on Akebono ceramics from thesaabsite.com. MONEY WELL SPENT. Completely silent, ZERO DUST SO FAR.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:15 PM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
I think Nick's site has the Akebono's for about 75. I think Hawk is on tireracks site.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:41 PM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
i got my greens for $75 fro the fronts.. and i love them!!
hawks ive heard good about too...
but yeah id ask around on the parts #
Old 12-13-2005, 03:58 PM   #10
Elder

Whats the difference between green and reds?

Old 12-13-2005, 04:27 PM   #11
Elder

greens are a street pads and reds are more of a track pad since they have no bite at all until warmed up...its scary so ive heard...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in