soooo i fucked up my saab 2nite.... help - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2005, 08:20 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to danthegolfer
soooo i fucked up my saab 2nite.... help

so yeah, to make a long storey short, i wa ebing a douche bag and backed up into a parked car.

pics of the damage can be found here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/829302/7

so anyway, i need some stuff now... and ive been realllly busy with school and work ad otehr stuff so if you guys could help me find these parts i would appreciate it soooo much

In case you dont know, i have a 1998 900s

I think i need:
- Driver Side Mirror
- Entire Rear drive Side taillight/taillight assembly
- Some touch up paint to match my color, midnight blue

Couple questions:
-Im not sure what to do about the quarter panel, do i take it to a body shop and get it fixed or do i order a new one? how hard would that be to install?
-Can you tell from the picture what parts of the mirror I need? is it just the main piece or is it also the part that conencts to the car

Ways you can help me:
-Answer/help me with the above questions
-Help me find the stuff I need (listed above)

and pretty much anything else u can think of... but thats about it

thanks, dan[/b]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2005, 08:37 PM   #2
Elder

Wow that sucks... Good to hear your fixing it quickly though..

From what I can see, it looks like you only need the piece connecting to the mirror not the whole peice...

Touch up paint would be good too!!

Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-02-2005, 09:39 PM   #3
Elder

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAAB-...QQcmdZViewItem

tail light...

Old 12-02-2005, 09:57 PM   #4
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Not to be a Stromer, but damn son.. were you drunk ??

J/k

The mirror and light shouldn't be much of an issue.

The panel however, I'd have professionally repaired. Your door will most likely need a repaint.. no touch up on that. Look to spend about $450- 650 for the door and panel repaired and painted.

Time to get some quotes my man.. im really sorry to hear about that.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 12-02-2005, 10:06 PM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

How the hell did you end up scraping the whole side of your car?

I would think you'd stop right after you felt it hit. Where have you been anyways dude?
Old 12-02-2005, 10:09 PM   #6
JK
Elder

Christ man!!! Not to be a downer... but I would expect more like 1000-1200 for the repair to the door and quarter panel if you have a shop do all of the work, it ain't cheap to have a 1/4 straightened and have a door smoothed out. Look for a reputable shop to do the work if you want it to last, if you don't care about the quality just go to Maaco and have them "fix" it for a cheap price.

If alcohol was involved then I feel for you...I've been there, just learn from the mistake, and if you were sober then I dunno just be more careful!!!
Old 12-02-2005, 10:09 PM   #7

i was going kinda fast (not super fast but ya know) and my brakes are shit.. i hit them when i was like 10 feet away, they just anti-locked and i didnt even slow down.

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
Old 12-02-2005, 10:13 PM   #8
JK
Elder

thats understandable...anyway, you shouldn't need to replace the 1/4 panel, that can easily be straightened by a good body man, and that will save you quite a bit of $$$
Old 12-02-2005, 11:19 PM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Sorry to hear about the mishap...hope you get it fixed asap.

Old 12-02-2005, 11:43 PM   #10
Pat
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to Pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK9000s
If alcohol was involved then I feel for you...I've been there, just learn from the mistake, and if you were sober then I dunno just be more careful!!!
dont you think thats a little ass-backwards?

If alcohol would have been involved, my sympathy would be non-existant. I was almost killed by a drunk driver.... Anyone who drinks and gets behind the wheel has it coming to them, and I hope for them the only person they fuck is themselves.

Drunk driving = my number one pet peave. Anyone who does it can frankly piss off in my opinion. Man up and pay for a cab...if not for yourself, then for the other life you might destroy with your negligence.

/end rant.
'00 9-3 SE HOT - sold
'99 9-3 - Sold
Old 12-04-2005, 09:08 PM   #11
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to BluAero
Dan your looking at a pretty expensive repair.
I had something like that except it was only the 1/4 panel (friend and 4 wheeler)and it was a huge dent----$900

For the paint, the taillight, mirror, and all the fixin with the dent your looking at at least a grand probably more.

Also I am pretty sure that you have to get a 1/4 panel fixed by a body shop because its part of the whole body, not just a piece that can be taken off like a door or bumper.(in 9000's its not a part that is easily replaced, cutting out the panel welding in a new one = too much time and money)

Good luck tho..

Old 12-04-2005, 09:35 PM   #12
Editor
Elder

I agree with BluAero here... you need a mirror and taillight, obviously Saab parts are a bitch to replace because they're so expensive. Now, consider that panel. There's a very very very fine line in that that's got to be all pounded out by hand - someone's going to have to spend HOURS on that thing to get it all right. My brother just had the SAME repair done on the same side of his Nissan Maxima because he actually backed into a tree at my house... He had a LOT of work done besides this, and a family friend did it at his private shop... car now looks better than it did before the accident... but he spent like 1300 dollars. I'd say go to some yards and try to find the panel and have it painted - maybe you can get it for a few hundred dollars, do some of the prep work yourself and then just have it sprayed... that panel will cost at least a grand to fix.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:29 PM   #13

thanks for the advice and input, but really the money doesnt matter because its all up to the insurance. screw it, let em buy me a new 1/4 panel and a new door while their at it. lol

Completed Mods:
Old 12-19-2005, 04:38 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
and we wonder why insurance costs so much?
Old 04-19-2006, 11:21 AM   #15
Editor
Elder

Not to bring up old threads, but what ever happened to this kid?! He was posting a billion times a day at one point. Anyone ever still talk to him?
Old 04-19-2006, 11:27 AM   #16
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
Yeah, once, in like December.

He was pretty swamped with school, and the 900 was almost fixed.

Old 04-19-2006, 02:50 PM   #17
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
ha, almost fixed. seemed like he has some pretty horrible luck with that car.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:51 PM   #18
TSLMember

Unkept... you brought it back from the dead. Does that make this a franken-thread?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:07 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to marky373
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthegolfer
...my brakes are shit.. i hit them when i was like 10 feet away, they just anti-locked and i didnt even slow down.
You should work on this too lol

I feel for you though, a couple of weeks ago I did the EXACT same thing minus the ABS. Actually minus the braking too lol. I was exhausted it was my mom's boyfriend's brand new 06 Chevy truck BLACK and it was pitch black outside and even though I saw the truck I just didn't register it until a split second when I backed up. Oh....BAM....shit. My damage was a little less tho
Old 05-02-2006, 08:04 AM   #20

Meow

Completed Mods:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in