Yankton in European Car - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2005, 10:59 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Yankton in European Car

I know its good for publicity and all the crap, but two things concern me.

1. In the spec sheet under Performance it says "Peak Power: 500 bhp (est.)" So Kenvin, can I see the dyno sheets? I didn't know the engine was ever dynoed? I mean it blew up last time it was tried, right?

2. In the last paragraph, "Being the most powerful Saab in North America isn't easy...." This is a big claim as well. Do we have proof?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2005, 11:03 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
Hmmmm looks like someone is getting called out here!! LOL!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:03 AM   #3
Flirting With TSL Addiction

you think your saab is faster

Old 11-10-2005, 11:06 AM   #4
Elder

Last I heard the engine wasn't running.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:08 AM   #5
Trollerator
Elder

yes a dyno sheet would be nice but assuming it dynos what is expected (or even pretty close to what is expected) what Saab do you know of that would put down more power.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-10-2005, 11:10 AM   #6
Elder

Well what does Paul's car do?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:20 AM   #7
Pat
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to Pat
Re: Yankton in European Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromer
I know its good for publicity and all the crap, but two things concern me.

1. In the spec sheet under Performance it says "Peak Power: 500 bhp (est.)" So Kenvin, can I see the dyno sheets? I didn't know the engine was ever dynoed? I mean it blew up last time it was tried, right?

2. In the last paragraph, "Being the most powerful Saab in North America isn't easy...." This is a big claim as well. Do we have proof?
Do I sense penis envy? I think so!
'00 9-3 SE HOT - sold
'99 9-3 - Sold
Old 11-10-2005, 11:22 AM   #8
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

He says his 9000 puts out over 500 horsepower. The 9-3 (silver slut), I'm not sure...
Old 11-10-2005, 11:29 AM   #9
Elder

Envy? I see no envy, just wondering if these "facts" are actually true. Considering they're in a national magazine, I think this is important.

Well from what I remember from SOC, Paul's 9k aka RedBull put down 350 whp, so 413 crank at 19psi. Now its at 32 psi. Just saying is all..... And his car actually runs....
Old 11-10-2005, 11:36 AM   #10
a12

Yes its true any hp claim should be backed up with data.I haven't read the article,but do they give all the mods and boost pressure,displacement,etc. where one could determine 500 bhp to be a fair estimate?I think he's running a gt30 BB turbo or something of that nature,so with that turbo and the right intake,fueling,and exhaust mods,and like 30 psi,I think that's a fair estimate.I think he was gonna run nitrous too wasn't he?That would make up for alot of hp right there.Do they give a lot of details of the mods in the article?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:37 AM   #11
Avid TSL User

can anyone scan the article?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:47 AM   #12
SAAB Road Master

Guys, first of all, don't get you knickers all in an uproar. Afte rall, it's just media intended to capture your attention and imagination for about 0.002 seconds. Secondly, yes the engine blew and I rebuilt it. Now, I am waiting for the new software since we upped the displacement to 2.3 liters from 2.0 in the original spec. It actually runs on the 2.0 stage zillion software, but runs lean. At this point, the output is just an estimate but it is well grounded since the engine build is an exact duplication of a 9-3SS race car that SQR is running in Sweden producing more horsepower than this. Lastly, unless someone else actually comes up with bigger dyno numbers to disprove my assertion, I guess it will stand for now. Its kind of like what I tell some of the folks that work for me, its not whether your are right or not, just whether someone can disprove you. That said, the car is no BS.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:53 AM   #13
Elder

Okay, Kevin just stay around for a sec, couple questions:

Have you ever driven the car other than for the 50 mph top speed of the photoshoot?

Has the engine been running since SOC?

At this point, you can is not the most powerful. It isn't running. Period.

Call it bad timing that you article was put in while the car is on the fritz, but lets be clear here.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:59 AM   #14
Trollerator
Elder

I don't understand why you are busting his balls so hard, stromer.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-10-2005, 12:02 PM   #15
Elder

I only wish to clarify his claim of being the most powerful Saab in North America. I do not agree. Yeah, Paul's only put down 350hp, but what did kev's put down?

You just can't say something like that based on theory without proof.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:03 PM   #16
Elder

yeha i dont get the point of the bitching either...he just said he couldnt boost it cuz its running lean...and hes waiting on s.w...but whatever...

p.s. - since when does rich chenet wirte for euro car mag? lol

Old 11-10-2005, 12:03 PM   #17
SAAB Road Master

Its OK, he is just working his way onto my black list. And yes, the car runs great now, we just dont want to push the final numbers until the software is tweeked. Don't really understand why you are all worked up anyway. Do you feel threatened or something? Why would you really even care? Are you the media police?
Old 11-10-2005, 12:05 PM   #18
Elder

Why do I care? Because its a lie!!

At this point my car could be said to be more powerful than yours. Because I have a dyno sheet that says I have 239 wheel horsepower. What does your dyno sheet say?
Old 11-10-2005, 12:32 PM   #19

Send a message via MSN to Passion4_900
Based on calculations and hardware used....... one can estimate power before its even tested.........

I guess I would call that 500 un-confirmed or un-tested HP. And if you are a mechanic or designer or engineer or a bit of it all and have worked on cars for a long time and seen/experienced different results, one can make an educated guess or calculation based on the work/parts that were used/that was done.

I wouldn't necesarely discreddit a claim of 500HP but rather see who the source of the claim is and make my own judgement of their claim. If you know of Kevin and know his work, then I guess evaluate on your own jugement but if you dont know him very well or at all then I wouldnt make any jugements of his claims or work.

just a bystander seing a conversation go from ugly to uglyer.

stop
Old 11-10-2005, 12:45 PM   #20
SAABeginner

lmao i love this post got a great laugh when reading this. there is a guy in LA who has a 2001 Viggen pushing 610hp at the wheel i saw his dyno test sheets and a video of the car at the dyno test. blow damage redline flame burst. so i doubt u have the fastest car in NA nor the western hemisphere. keep wishing your non dyno'd 500ish hp car is real. its all about wetdreams with you and your fast and most powerful saab in NA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in