WTF? MP... - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2005, 10:33 PM   #1
SAAB Road Master

WTF? MP...

So what ever happened with MP taking that month long down-time to get their shit in order and get together an effective customer service team? Right after the site went back up, I ordered their 3" Dp, thinking that the transaction would run smoothly because of their new setup. At the end of the checkout, the site even said that the part would be shipped in 2 to 5 business days.

That was 19 business days ago. To top it off, they still don't answer emails, and calling the number posted on the site only leads to a long period of the phone ringing, followed by a message that says that their mailbox is full (can't even leave a message ) I feel like half the time I post here it's to bitch about MP. I don't mean to incite a riot or anything, I just need somewhere to vent the frustrations (because I have no way of doing it at them... ) Guess it's time to start looking for my upgrades elsewhere.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2005, 08:40 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
Did they charge your card already? If not cancel the order and move on to the JT 3" Dp or have one made for your car? The money you spend to get it made will be the same you would pay for the DP + shipping and you get it done ASAP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-02-2005, 10:30 AM   #3
SAAB Road Master

Yeah, they did already charge the card. I don't really understand that - shouldn't they make sure that they have the part at least on it's way to being done before they actually take your money? I guess it's just another one of their f'ed up policies

Old 11-02-2005, 10:32 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
Call your credit card company and report it as a bad vendor and they will refund your card and charge back MP for the funds. The whole process will take a few days but you will be able to move on to other things after that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:17 PM   #5
TSLMember

I'm sorry to hear this. I hate dealing with shit like this.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:38 PM   #6
Avid TSL User

This is good to know as I'm going to spend somewhere around $3000 on my 9-3 in the next week and I was going to go with a lot of MP stuff. I guess I'll look for other vendors for my needs.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:40 PM   #7
Pat
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to Pat
I would stay far away from MP until you find that many people here and at central are posting threads stating mp have their shit back together.

I dont knock them as people, but as a company they are shit right now. Best to find another alternative.
'00 9-3 SE HOT - sold
'99 9-3 - Sold
Old 11-02-2005, 02:38 PM   #8
Elder

there was a post on tsn or something that chris may have left or something...i would stay away until they come out and say something....

Old 11-02-2005, 03:05 PM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
I ordered a mbc from MP way back in April and it took just over 2.5 weeks to show up, slow even for when they were supposedly "in business".

Old 11-02-2005, 04:42 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
man i guess i catch them on good weeks hahah

about two month ago i got their IC and within the week it was at mi casa..
then he was even on the fone to help... he even called after i got it on to see if it was running!!!

also my steering brace broke he sent me one within the same week again...
that was before i got the IC
but yeah
i feel for you guys
i say either wait till they SAY they are back or go to another someone...
rahn(i think) do the credit card thing steve was saying itll be worth the 2 days or so!
good luck
Old 11-04-2005, 05:07 PM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Chris and Matthew have been at SEMA for the past week, so that is why they haven't been able to answer phone calls or email.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:03 PM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cpenning623
sema? lol

saab parts at sema....

I have a freind over ther now...man that cali weather would be nice.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:29 PM   #13
SAAB Road Master

Why would they be at SEMA pushing their parts (or just hanging out), when they're over a month behind on their current orders? Unbelievable. Besides, how hard is it to check your voicemail (cellphone) or jump on a computer for an hour?
Old 11-04-2005, 09:00 PM   #14
Avid TSL User

They go to SEMA every year, to get new ideas for products, to meet people in the industry (i.e. production, materials, other products, etc.) I don't exactly think they would have much success "pushing their parts" their ya know? either way, sorry to hear about your problems, I'm sure this whole thing will get taken care of, I guess its just a matter of time now, which sucks. Best of luck.....
Old 11-04-2005, 09:53 PM   #15
Flirting With TSL Addiction

They are at SEMA spending your money....probably on a hotel, beer and strippers.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:16 PM   #16
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to mg_td
sema but no soc? they said thye had no time for soc, but that great sema show, woot. even if it is to make industry contacts, couldnt one stay? what about the rest of their workers? SEMAS to me that their operation still needs work.

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 11-05-2005, 07:50 PM   #17
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to goviggen
my input on MP... I am not into month 3 after I was first told that my exhuast was shipped... afterwords, many phone calls and emails later... I was sent a tracking number... of which they sent me one small section of the exhuast, with no explination of why I was only receiving a small poriton of my order. Another month later, with many calls, emails and threats, I received a phone call stating that they were having produciton issues and that it has been cleared up and my exhuast was being shipped that day. That was 2 weeks ago, and I have still not recieved my order. They may not be able to turn around in order in 3 months, but they had no problem taking my money in less that 24 hours...
I have a lot of patience, but there is none left for MP, after 3 months, I have to assume that they have no intention of completing my order, and basically stealing my money. I don't know any of them personally, but I can say, as a business, I have about as much respect for them as herpes... just enough to stay as far away as possible...
I have to say, If they had called me and said, hey we're having problems and there is going to be a delay in your order, I would have been ok with that, Setting expectations is the most important thing as far as I'm concerned. Setting the expectation that I would have my order and lying about it... gives me the impression that they have no interest in keeping a customer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in