Cargo Space in 9-3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2005, 07:19 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Cargo Space in 9-3

OK, I heard some folks at Saabtoberfest bragging about cargo space in their hatch-style 900s/9-3s.

Does anyone out there have the exact dimensions of the maximum cargo space with seats down and cargo tray removed?

I'm waiting on a 9-3 being found at auction by a local dealer but want to try to plan for transporting some furniture south to my boyfriend's place. I think, with the right padding and planning, I should be able to do it in the 9-3 and still take my dog!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2005, 08:10 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Not an exact dimension, but I have been able to a fit a picnic table in the back, a big armchair, a barbecue grill in its box, and enough clothes for a two week trip that my wife and I took to Quebec a couple of winters ago. Of course, that's not all at once.

It's big.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-25-2005, 08:20 AM   #3

According to the specs on edmunds.com, maximum cargo capacity is 46 square feet for a 1999-2002 9-3.

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2000/saa...denav..6.Saab*

Old 10-25-2005, 08:21 AM   #4
Trollerator
Elder

If you take out the rear seat cushions the rear seat will fold FLAT without having to sit up against the steering wheel.

here is a pic of the cavernous space.

and also one of me hauling a giant box!

I was able to fit two bumpers and a spoiler in the rear with the seat folded down, and I had room for more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 10-25-2005, 09:06 AM   #5
Editor
Elder

It's almost 50 cubic feet with the seat folded down... I've fit some outrageous amounts of stuff in it. Honestly, it's huge.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:12 AM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Thats what she said! actually she did ( my g/f) lol but yea it's monsterous. i fit all my lacrosse and baseball equipment in the back with a 12" JL sub. and beilive me its a lot of stuff
Old 10-25-2005, 09:36 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Cool. Thanks for the box photo especially.

I've got two tables - a two-tier massive coffee table that can come apart as well as a dining room table with leaves that can come apart - that need to go between Vermont and Washington, D.C. I'm pretty sure with enough padding around the edges and the dog sitting in the front seat on the way down, I should be able to get these in there no problem.

Sweet. :P :P
Old 10-25-2005, 12:33 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to mg_td
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStoops
Thats what she said! actually she did ( my g/f) lol but yea it's monsterous. i fit all my lacrosse and baseball equipment in the back with a 12" JL sub. and beilive me its a lot of stuff
and the future remains.....hopeless

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 10-25-2005, 03:27 PM   #9
Flirting With TSL Addiction

7 foot Xmas tree.

Completely INSIDE the car. Thr guy that threw it in there was like
"where ya' wanna' put it?"
*open hatch
"Inside... it'll fit"
The trunk of the tree was up by our heads in the front and it was baled..
but as the trunk *slinked* closed he says...
"wow...never saw that before!"

(have a pic somewhere...)
Old 10-26-2005, 06:03 AM   #10
Trollerator
Elder

yeah when i went to pickup my viggen rear bumper (big box pic above) the guy at the frieght dock was like "were you gonna put this thing, you wanna come back with a truck?"

I said no way, it is goin in my car. He was like, yeah right, that thing?

yeah!

he thought it was pretty cool!

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 10-26-2005, 08:20 AM   #11
TSLMember

Send a message via AIM to TurboSwede53 Send a message via Yahoo to TurboSwede53
Since I'm a goalie when I was looking for a car I actually took my hockey bags to make sure they would fit. As you can see there's plenty of room for bags and more! Just another reason to love my Saab.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:44 AM   #12
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
25 bbs 17" wheels (back seat out though)

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 10-26-2005, 10:08 AM   #13
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
nice clingons Nick.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:38 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to b dash rian
nick, thats just rediculous.....

my personal favorite is three adult sized (not nesecarilly adult maturity) people, and three bikes, everyone had a seat and a seatbelt, and i still had the trunk cover in

Quote:
Football stars play for the Steelers. Suck it, Cleveland.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:32 PM   #15
Elder

Send a message via AIM to WyldSaabMan
that freekin crazy Nick...LOL
04 Yamaha YZF600R
00 Polaris XC700
99 Saab 9-3-RIP
98 900s N/A-RIP
Old 10-26-2005, 08:51 PM   #16
Elder

the funniest part is - even with all that weight - the car still appears to be sitting level
for your repair needs
Old 10-26-2005, 09:01 PM   #17
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Damn Nick...

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 10-26-2005, 11:39 PM   #18

ahhhh....chest freezer from Home Depot, and the hatch closed!..

Nine sections of fence railing (hatch open) but lots of incredulous looks from pickup truck loaders....

Lots of firewood, pea gravel, landscaping, changing tables, lotsa boxes, etc...

It's not called a Swedish pickup truck for nothing.....

somewhat related sidenote: In college I had a roomie who vowed never to own more than he could fit in the back of his pickup truck. That statement really resonated with me and for years, I kinda stuck to that. The queen-sized futon fit nicely, as did the platform I built for it, but I had to make a couple of trips for all my records. Yeah, uh huh, that's right. Vinyl LPs...
Old 10-27-2005, 05:42 AM   #19
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
Thats only 550lbs. Has Viggen springs in the rear. Stock "s" in the front for now. To busy.. You should see it with a batch of roll bars and other parts headed to the powdercoater... Then it is on the bump stops. The gas mileage is so much better than the 250 ford...

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 11-04-2005, 06:19 PM   #20
TSLMember

when we were moving my little brother out of the dorms i know for a fact that it will hold almost as much as my dads new 4runner with both our seats down, the only reason he fit more was that his back is square and ours slops down. the thing is a friggen pickup!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in