The $250 Saab 900 SE 5 Speed - Page 5 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #81
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
Looking nice, man. Let me know if you find any decent prices on headliner stuff. I need to do my NG900, too...
Cark recommends someone local, PM him. I will probable just do the thumbtack method on this car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #82
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
Pete Gagnon, aka "quick4door" owns a shop in Newington, CT with his father, and they do amazing headliner work (along with a lot of other things). The shop is Automotive Restyling. If you are willing to drive a little, it might be worth giving him a call!

(860) 667-9999

Here's a shot of the headliner he did for my 85, it an interesting material that we used, but I really like it

...end threadjack

You should at least give it a quick wax Mike, scarabe looks soooo damn good all shined up!

edit: geez Mike you literally posted that as I was typing, haha
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #83
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cark View Post
You should at least give it a quick wax Mike, scarabe looks soooo damn good all shined up!
If Kristen kept the interior clean, I would have no problem spending a few hours making the exterior nice. But she is trashing it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #84
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
If Kristen kept the interior clean, I would have no problem spending a few hours making the exterior nice. But she is trashing it.
I can't blame you, my lady has the same car basically, except hers is a 2000, same color though. She cleans out the inside of the car about once a year. I will wash the exterior for her on occasion, but it's hard to justify waxing it for her when I have 2 of my own to worry about detailing.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #85
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

This rig is now rolling on RKIIs. Still being pretty reliable. The GF is saving her little pennies so I can do a headgasket eventually this summer. Its getting 28MPG as well.

Quote:
Old 09-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #86
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

The tires on the RKII's are finally junk. Since they were my wheels, I found her some 205/50-16's for the wheels that came with her car. They look lame compared, but I at least get my BBS' back.

The BBS wheels may be for sale soon if anyone is interested:

Quote:
Old 10-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #87
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

This car will be coming up for sale soon for no more than I have into it, with or without the wheels, if anyone might be interested.

Quote:
Old 10-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #88
Elder

why dat?

My lady's scarabe 9-3 looks like it's reached the end of it's road as well. It needs more work than it's worth, but I dunno, something about me really likes her car a lot.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #89
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cark View Post
why dat?

My lady's scarabe 9-3 looks like it's reached the end of it's road as well. It needs more work than it's worth, but I dunno, something about me really likes her car a lot.
The 900 is ready for a young Saab lad needing fun and reliable transportation on the cheap. It needs a little work, and the lady wants a 9-5 sedan now.

Probably sell it for like $550 bring your own wheels or $750 with the brand new tires I JUST put on it...

Quote:
Old 10-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #90
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
The 900 is ready for a young Saab lad needing fun and reliable transportation on the cheap. It needs a little work, and the lady wants a 9-5 sedan now.

Probably sell it for like $550 bring your own wheels or $750 with the brand new tires I JUST put on it...
Runs and drives mostly fine right? Make the trip to Kentucky? I have a friend that might be interested.

2003 9-5 Arc
Old 10-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #91
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
Runs and drives mostly fine right? Make the trip to Kentucky? I have a friend that might be interested.
Hm. Well, it has a rotational noise that increases with speed but it is not gear dependent. The noise goes away when you turn left. I have not looked much into it, but it could be a wheel bearing or it could be something like the trans! It shifts great, turbo boosts well and has newish brakes. It also has a broken exhaust manifold stud.

Quote:
Old 10-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #92
Elder

Quote:
Hm. Well, it has a rotational noise that increases with speed but it is not gear dependent. The noise goes away when you turn left. I have not looked much into it, but it could be a wheel bearing or it could be something like the trans! It shifts great, turbo boosts well and has newish brakes. It also has a broken exhaust manifold stud.
Sent you a text, but that answers most of my questions... trying to figure out what my lady is going to do.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #93
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Sounds like a wheel bearing to me. However my car was making a noise like this yesterday and I just bent the brake rotor backing plate back a bit and it stopped. I'll bring it up to him. I'm not sure he'll want to go to MA for a car, but we will see.

2003 9-5 Arc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in