The $250 Saab 900 SE 5 Speed - Page 4 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #61
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
If you travel that way, Dave's machine on John fitch in the dirty burg did all my heads. (Saab, and DSM) He's got whatever special tool is needed to adjust the guides if you end up pulling the valves. A bake/plane is only $99 with him. (add a few bucks for the extraction)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #62
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by g96nt View Post
If you travel that way, Dave's machine on John fitch in the dirty burg did all my heads. (Saab, and DSM) He's got whatever special tool is needed to adjust the guides if you end up pulling the valves. A bake/plane is only $99 with him. (add a few bucks for the extraction)
Okay cool, I have to figure out where I am going to do the gasket. Probably Westford (parents) or Nashua (Mike D) because both places have more space than my garage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #63
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Is it just me, or did that sound wrong...

Nice work on the 900, Mike. Definitely saved this from the scrappers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 9-5 Arc

Old 02-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #64
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

A little update.

The big hose on the AIC cracked and failed while my GF was driving in Billerica. Fortunately it was less than a miles from Hollands junk yard. So I met up with her, vice gripped the hose and grabbed one from the yard for $2. Fixed it and drove home.

This weekend, we visited the Magic Hat brewery in Burlington VT. The car survived the ~500 mile round trip with no issue. Averaged about 30.1mpg too!

One thing I need to definitely do is improve the exterior lighting.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
A little update.

The big hose on the AIC cracked and failed while my GF was driving in Billerica. Fortunately it was less than a miles from Hollands junk yard. So I met up with her, vice gripped the hose and grabbed one from the yard for $2. Fixed it and drove home.

This weekend, we visited the Magic Hat brewery in Burlington VT. The car survived the ~500 mile round trip with no issue. Averaged about 30.1mpg too!

One thing I need to definitely do is improve the exterior lighting.
Here come the HID's.

The brewery is awesome isn't it? I checked it out earlier this year, interesting stuff.
1995 900 SE Turbo
Old 02-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #66
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
on my 9-3, I bought an upgraded headlight harness, and got some Osram night breakers.
made a hell of a difference. especially if you got new lenses.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #67
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Svenska94Aero
Quote:

Ahh, my neck of the woods! I love being just up the road from endless Growler refills. My bank account does not
Old 02-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #68
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
on my 9-3, I bought an upgraded headlight harness, and got some Osram night breakers.
made a hell of a difference. especially if you got new lenses.
Where did the upgraded headlight hardness come from?
Old 02-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #69
Elder

Suvheadlights.com

They appear to be down/closed now. I'm sure you can fund one on ebay. It was just thicker wire that ran directly from the battery. The kit I had came with new relays and all the connections for plug and play.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #70
Elder

Putco H4 / 9003 Heavy Duty Headlight Upgrade Wiring Harness - eAutoWorks

That's similar to what I had. No idea if putco is great quality. Their led lights are nice!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #71

Hey Mike, I have a spare Viggen intercooler kicking around. let me know...
Old 02-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #72
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikmanson View Post
Here come the HID's.

The brewery is awesome isn't it? I checked it out earlier this year, interesting stuff.
No HIDs yet, probably fix the fogs and aim the headlights correctly. The brewery is so damn cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenska94Aero View Post
Ahh, my neck of the woods! I love being just up the road from endless Growler refills. My bank account does not
I forgot my growlers like a full dumbass. Most of the beers I could get locally in MA, except the Humdinger series. I bought a bottle of Graupel, fantastic.

Quote:
Putco H4 / 9003 Heavy Duty Headlight Upgrade Wiring Harness - eAutoWorks

That's similar to what I had. No idea if putco is great quality. Their led lights are nice!
Instead of doing upgraded headlights, I will probably just get all stock lights working 100%, then install some other switchable aftermarket fogs. This is a winter beater after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevierSaabOG93 View Post
Hey Mike, I have a spare Viggen intercooler kicking around. let me know...
Probably the last thing this car needs haha. Gotta do the HG just to fix a bad stud first.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #73

i like the primitive radar detector in this car a lot
Old 02-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #74
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie View Post
i like the primitive radar detector in this car a lot
It does everything but laser. I need to figure out the brand.

Anybody have some insight about radar detectors built into the dash in the early 2000s?

There is a large sensor below the front license plate, one in the grille, an antenna on the roof and im guessing some sensors in the tail lights... Its fucking intense.

It has a volume and on/off dial on one of the "delete" panels below the headlight switch. Also has a status LED above the switch. It has 2 radar indicator LEDs on each side of the SID, and a speaker somewhere near the volume knob.

The on switch has two modes, I am guessing normal and highway.

I need to grab some part numbers from this thing. It works extremely well.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #75

sounds like it would have been a bitch to install lol
Old 02-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #76
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Alright so, holy shit. This thing is intense.

Its a K40-2000 Remote Radar Receiver WITH the optional Laser Jammer EX. So high speed.

This is the front Rader Receiver:

Front Laser Jammer:

On/Off Switch and volume knob:

Not actually sure this is part of the radar system anymore:

The rear radar receiver is in the rear bumper cover apparently. I know it has the rear setup because it has the second LED.

Here is the brochure for this bad Larry: http://www.k40.com/filebin/pdf/UNDETECT_BROCHURE_.pdf

Quote:

Last edited by Saabeh; 02-26-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #77
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:

Instead of doing upgraded headlights, I will probably just get all stock lights working 100%, then install some other switchable aftermarket fogs. This is a winter beater after all!
If you want some significant light in a compact package at a reasonable price to supplement, check out the Hella FF75 driving lights. You can replace the stock fogs if you don't mind the gaps or mount them elsewhere.

Hella FF75 Series Auxiliary Free Form Lamp Kits - FF75SERIES less the $10 discount on the same page.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #78
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

I washed the 900 for the first time in probably 5+ years:

it actually cleaned up decently. It needs a good buff, but that will probably never happen.

It has been running great so far. Took it up to Burlington VT once, into Boston etc. It gets driven 60 miles daily and never skips a beat! It will be getting a headgasket and associated other bits eventually.

Quote:
Old 05-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #79
WSW
Elder

Looks good for what it is
Old 05-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #80

Looking nice, man. Let me know if you find any decent prices on headliner stuff. I need to do my NG900, too...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in