need a new radiator - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

need a new radiator

well the stop leak clearly didn't work so I need a new radiator. The shop says its the left seam. I was wondering if there is a special radiator I should get that is different then OEM. I should note that I plan on fitting an intercooler soon.

Is it a lot easier to do the intercooler at the same time as the radiator?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Adrenaline406
Call 1-800-Radiator?

The radiator and the intercooler are different jobs, at least for how I went around it. For the intercooler, I took off the bumper and for the radiator I went in through the engine bay. They're separated by the radiator support, so I dont think there's another way.

Part numbers for the radiator: (Search these out and see who makes the best value)
Spectra Premium: Cu2080
Visteon: 9994
Modine: 2609
Carquest: 2080

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline406 View Post
Call 1-800-Radiator?

The radiator and the intercooler are different jobs, at least for how I went around it. For the intercooler, I took off the bumper and for the radiator I went in through the engine bay. They're separated by the radiator support, so I dont think there's another way.

Part numbers for the radiator: (Search these out and see who makes the best value)
Okay, thats kind of what I thought, I just wasn't sure if there was a special type of radiator that would allow for an intercooler to fit easier or something..

Old 04-17-2011, 07:00 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to VWSAABVT
your oil cooler is attached to the front of the radiator. I wasn't able to get my radiator out either time without taking off my bumper and intercooler.

stg 5 99 9-3 coupe
96 900se sold
Old 04-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline406 View Post
Call 1-800-Radiator?

I seriously don't see how you could have replaced the radiator without taking the bumper off...the AC condenser AND oil coolers are both attached to the radiator endtanks via screws that can only be accessed with the bumper off really.

So, in my experience, yes it would be easy to replace both at the same time as you need to take the bumper off for both jobs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in