Saab Link Forums banner

replacing front sway bar bushings

13K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  lms 
#1 · (Edited)
i have the new ones then put the car up on ramps and wow alot do go through to get them off. any short cuts or any help. how long do they go for before worn out. thanks Tony 2000 saab 9 3 base

#2 ·
you can't change suspension stuff with the car's weight on the weels

if you jack the car up and use the subframe to support the car on stands

changing the swaybar bushings is about the easiest suspension piece to change on the front of the car.

#10 ·
Doesn't seem that easy am I missing something, looks like endless bolt removal and they are tucked under everything with minimal space. Thanks for the replies.
Center bushing can be a bitch to do, but if I do reacll, they can be done with out removing the sub frame. You need some small wrenches, time and a few beers as it can get frustrating as hell. I even removed the front bar on my viggen without removing the frame, just had to wiggle it out and toward the front. But if you are doing this just because you have better ones and the stock ones are not worn, save your time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.