Most likely totaled my car - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Most likely totaled my car

Sunday morning I lost control down a very steep and dangerous hill that I shouldn't have been traveling on in the snow and collided with a utility poll head on. I'm fine but my car is most likely totaled and as of right now it looks like my insurance company is going to total it without by back and I'm gonna loose thousands of dollars worth of parts in the car and the time and effort put into the car. Anybody go throught this before? I'd like to hear some similar stories and maybe some tips what I should do in this situation......

slammed 87' c900

24v 87' e30
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #2
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave del View Post
Sunday morning I lost control down a very steep and dangerous hill that I shouldn't have been traveling on in the snow and collided with a utility poll head on. I'm fine but my car is most likely totaled and as of right now it looks like my insurance company is going to total it without by back and I'm gonna loose thousands of dollars worth of parts in the car and the time and effort put into the car. Anybody go throught this before? I'd like to hear some similar stories and maybe some tips what I should do in this situation......
Why wouldn't you be able to buy the car back?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to viggenkid
see if you can buy back the car.

if it has alot of recent work done to the car you can show receipts to the insurance adjuster and they might not total the car.

if you have the stock parts just see if you can get an day or two with the car and put it back to stock.

sucks man. do you have any pictures?

Old 12-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
TSLMember

sorry to hear that man.

My friend totaled his Si , but before he called anyone he called all his JDM friends and they came and took off a bunch of parts lol
2000 9-5 aero
2001 9-5 SE
Old 12-22-2009, 10:09 AM   #5

Today I was told that if it does get totaled I can keep my wheels and a few bolt ons but coilovers, exhaust, and other various suspension and brake stuff I'm gonna loose. I have all my reciepts to show the insurance agency that there's more than 4500 invested into the car. Also the body shop where it was towed to says that I might not have the option of buying it back. I don't really know what to do in this situation because I've never crashed a car......I'm feeling so helpless right now

slammed 87' c900

24v 87' e30
Old 12-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
Kaylan managed to get a pretty good payout when her 9k blew up because she had a ton of receipts. I think she got to buy the car back, too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #7

I'm praying that they fix it or allow me to buy it back and give me a decent amount of money considering I have all my reciepts.

slammed 87' c900

24v 87' e30
Old 12-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #8
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Did they give you the reason why you couldn't buy it back? I've never heard of a situation where you couldn't...
Sorry about your car.
Worst case, have it taken to a junkyard, then ask to buy the car from the junkyard maybe lol.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #9

I haven't gotten a real reason for not allowing me a buy back but I heard that sometimes they don't give you the choice to buy it back because the salvage worth for the insurance company would be really high.

slammed 87' c900

24v 87' e30
Old 12-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #10
Elder

as far as I'm aware they can't not let you buy back the car. it's your car. the salvage value might be high, but that's your buy back cost.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #11

You didn't present the vultures, er, ah, insurance company with receipts telling them the worth of the car, right???????

As far as they know, it's a regular stock car...and should have a buyback cost reflecting that.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:00 AM   #12

I didn't show them the reciepts yet. I was told that I should so that I can get more money for the car or to prevent them from totaling it

slammed 87' c900

24v 87' e30
Old 12-22-2009, 11:05 AM   #13
Avid TSL User

Sucks man, I am sorry for the loss. I know its a stressful time but just wait it out and try and relax. Did they absolutely tell you there was no way you could buy it back? If not, just wait to see what the verdict is and dont get worked up over something that may work out well in the end.

I haven't heard of something like this before.

99' Viggen
Old 12-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #14

Thanks for the support guys! Good news though!.........If the car is totaled there WILL be a buy back anywhere between 200-800$ and it will be deducted out of the check

slammed 87' c900

24v 87' e30
Old 12-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #15
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Sounds like the body shop want to put their grubby mits on it, keep close tabs on it and only work with the insurance company.. in fact, call them now and report back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 12-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #16
Elder

most insurence companies will only give up to $1000 for performance parts.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #17
gm
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

yea.... maybe the shop wanted the car hopeing you wouldn't pursue buying it back. The ins co doesn't care if you buy it back or if a wrecking yard does.... they just want it off their books

Saabless for the first time since 1986
Old 12-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #18
Elder

At least you weren't hurt, foul weather is really a nightmare. Good luck buying it back, there have been a few extensive threads here where people have had to go through the same scenario... I think most have been able to buy them back after resistance from their insurance companies.

|
|
Old 12-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #19
Elder

Damn man thatsux carlooked good.

Good thingyou have the otherone I guuess

Old 12-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #20

my next car is gonna be sweet!!! the adjuster is coming tomorrow to determine what is going to happen with the car but if it is totaled I've got word from my insurance company that I can definately buy it back so I won't be losing anything.

slammed 87' c900

24v 87' e30
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in