Just Not the Same - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
Elder

Just Not the Same

I have been putting off asking this for a bit because I was trying to decide whether or not I was just getting used to how fast my ng900 is but I think it isn't just me.

I feel like the car is not pulling like it should, basically it used to pull harder. My question is what would you recommend to check and replace to spruce it up?

I recently took off my intercooler hoses and they were fine, FYI. I was thinking about plugs and vacuum lines but I have silicon lines throughout that are almost a year old. The plugs are about 5 months old but have under 2,000 miles on them.

Ps. I got cross flow Saab intercooler hoses from Goldwing but they both seem to be just too short for the t25 and T5 delivery pipe, any thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Do you have a boost gauge?

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
Elder

Fuel Filter and plugs.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

check base boost...i have burnt plugs up in 1500 miles if i had been driving it real hard...check and make sure that the hose clamps are tight, but also check to make sure they dont have cracks...fuel filter could be getting dirty...
Old 09-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PoisonBeef
re-adapt.

99 3-door 9-3 - SOLD
99 5-door 9-3SE - td04, 3" dp, t5 suite - Sold

2001 Audi a6 2.7 twin turbo
1986 Audi 5000 2.2 turbo
2012 VW Golf TDI
1982 Yamaha Seca xj650
Old 09-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to viggenkid
fuel filter, plugs, adapt.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #7
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
Do you have a boost gauge?
No, but I hooked one up temporarily and ran the line out of the hood and through the window and was peaking around 18psi in 3rd and 4th, about 15psi by redline.

Thanks everyone, I was definately thinking plugs. I will order a few sets and readapt. As for the fuel filter, I looked through all the service manuals and it was replaced within the last 5,000 miles.

Im kind of annoyed that the IC hoses are just short, I really want to get rid of my cobbled together setup which is really restricting.

|
|
Old 09-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #8
a12
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Do a compression check if you really wanna know how healthy your engine is.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #9
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by a12 View Post
Do a compression check if you really wanna know how healthy your engine is.
I hope a 32,000 mile engine is in good shape, otherwise I would seriously doubt my car haha. In all seriousness, I know it is not engine health. It is mostly the feeling of "didn't my car pull harder?"

|
|
Old 09-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #10
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
You get used to it. Trust me.

I was thinking my 9-3 was slow for some reason, then I beat corvettes and shit at the airport event.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #11
Elder

haha, I just wish I had gotten a bench mark (raced a friend and see how I do) to know where I'm at.

Also; is it normal that after driving around casually, the first pull or two seem slow and then it feels like it 'wakes up' a bit and goes a bit harder?

|
|
Old 09-11-2009, 08:09 AM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to b dash rian
yes, thats the adaption that the car does

Drive pussy-footed, it thinks thats how you drive
drive like a bat-outta-hell, it gives you more boost

and it actually picks up on those adaptations pretty quick sometimes

Quote:
Football stars play for the Steelers. Suck it, Cleveland.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:10 AM   #13
Elder

Send a message via AIM to viggenkid
yeah after driving the SPG all winter, getting back in the viggen scared the crap out of me the first time i floored it. now at the end of the summer its almost boring.

i know its running well though.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #14

You need one of these... G-tech things. -Plug it into your cig lighter and it tells you power-0-60 etc. Car and driver use it.

The biggest downside I've encountered is finding a flat spot to use it.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:17 AM   #15
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by b dash rian View Post
yes, thats the adaption that the car does

Drive pussy-footed, it thinks thats how you drive
drive like a bat-outta-hell, it gives you more boost

and it actually picks up on those adaptations pretty quick sometimes
Cool, thanks for the info! I was always wondering about that since I could have sworn it would start really pulling harder after a few acceleration runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggenkid View Post
yeah after driving the SPG all winter, getting back in the viggen scared the crap out of me the first time i floored it. now at the end of the summer its almost boring.

i know its running well though.
Haha, thats how I feel when I go home on weekends when I am at school... It puts a smile on my face for the few days I am there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Campagna View Post
You need one of these... G-tech things. -Plug it into your cig lighter and it tells you power-0-60 etc. Car and driver use it.

The biggest downside I've encountered is finding a flat spot to use it.
Huh, I was thinking about getting something like that but never actually brought myself to spending the money since something else would inevitably come up like now that my CEL for the rear o2 sensor which came on again.

|
|
Old 09-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #16

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/G-tec...=p4506.c0.m245

I have one that is like 7 years old and it still works. Here's one for under 70 bucks that newer than mine...

Old 09-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #17

Check the calipers for grabbing
Old 09-11-2009, 04:59 PM   #18
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkayssi View Post
Check the calipers for grabbing
haha, you are real funny... Its a good thing I got EBC redstuff pads to withstand the constant abuse!

|
|
Old 09-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #19

did you figure out what is wrong yet?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #20
Elder

I am just getting ideas right now since I am at school. I will be home next weekend so I will have plugs by then and will deal with the re-adapting part after those are in. I also have to take my DP off and try to find a small exhaust leak so I might just do that first.

|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in