New to Saabs left my VW days behind... - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
TSLMember

New to Saabs left my VW days behind...

So, heres the deal my good friend has put a bug in my ear to by a saab.. Well this weekend I did. I bought a 1996 900se turbo, with 180K, engine and tranny we rebuilt around 90k ago.. the car does have a few issues, the right turn signal will not work, they tried replaicng relays, blinker assembly unit it self (not sure what you call it) and still nothing. I need help with that asap, before I get pulled over. One of the other issues is that the dash seems to have a short or loose connection because it will shut or blink when going over a bump.. I have to say I love this car already and what to give thanks to HawaiianSAAB for getting me into Saabs..... PS. I bought the car for $1500.00came with all the service records from Taliaferro/genuinesaab. Hopefully a good deal, we shall see.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

The gremlin for the dash lights coming on sounds like a ignition switch going bad.

As for the right turn signal, i'm willing to bet it has something to do with ICE.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
TSLMember

Ignition switch huh, and what is the ICE?

Old 08-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #4
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Ice

Integrated control Electronics sometimes called DICE (for dash Integ.........) is a bunch of relays mounted up under the left side of the dash in a white plastic base. You will see one screw that would be closest to your shin that holds the base up in there. The base has a bunch of wires hanging out the bottom. Anyway, it has large plastic pins on either side that fit into slots.
Remove the screw and slide it towards you. It will drop down. The relays are removable, just like the relay box under the hood. Good Luck
Old 08-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #5
TSLMember

You mention the relays, do you think it's just the relay or the whole ICE module? also, is there a diagram showing the diffrent relays and what they control or is it just a guessing game?
Old 08-24-2009, 12:28 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobstry View Post
the car does have a few issues, the right turn signal will not work, they tried replaicng relays, blinker assembly unit it self (not sure what you call it) and still nothing. I need help with that asap, before I get pulled over.

Stick your Left arm out of the window and make an L shape with it. That means you wish to make a RH turn. If you stuck it straight out that would mean LH turn. If you want to be awesome, make a fist when you do it. I would see no reason to get pulled over for making the following signals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 08-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
TSLMember

Can someone point me to which relay that might be?
Old 08-25-2009, 06:08 PM   #8

Get a Haynes manual and start checking and cleaning as many of the grounds as you can. There's one under the hatch lid that often corrodes from the dampness in the trunk (a very common issue with NG900s)

good luck...
Old 08-26-2009, 06:03 AM   #9
TSLMember

Send a message via AIM to Geudrik
By the way - you came to the right place if you're looking to have some fun working to maintain your baby. We're deffinately a great community of crazy, but proficient saab freaks

Welcome!

Last edited by Geudrik; 08-26-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in