New NG900 owner - MA - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
SAABeginner

New NG900 owner - MA

Hi all,
New to this site been a VW guy since 16 years old and now find myself with a 1998 900S Convertible. Car was taken pretty good care of however it has 197k on the clock, the body and interior are MINT, runs strong. I paid only $800 for the car and I am aware that it needs some front suspension work bc it bottoms out easy besides that I am a happy. I do think the engine is noisy, but I guess with 197k it won't be silent. I am planning to take it to a local indy saab shop and pay an hours labor to have them look it over.

Anyone out there in MA?

Steve
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to rafal
Welcome! Where in MA?

Before you bring it to the indy: http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
SAABeginner

thanks for the link, I don't mind paying an hours labor just to get an idea of what needs to be done so I can prioritize...if anyone is near south shore MA and likes beer then let's hook up and you can check over the car while sippin some Sams Summer : )

Old 08-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

I just bought an NG and pulled the whole front suspension off for work. I know them pretty well now.

I live in Westford MA if you want me to look at it/do some cheap labor.

I would look the car over for you as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
Elder

My brother had an NG, just sold it.

We know some good stuff too.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #6
SAABeginner

where abouts is Westford?
Old 08-17-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Westford is next to Chelmsford and Lowell. It's about 45mins north of Boston.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #8
SAABeginner

Ok, good to know, I know for a fact I will need to replace the front suspension and ball joints so I amy take you up on your offer...I want a shop to check out the engine noise and tell me if its normal though, just seems like a rattly engine...
Old 08-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
Greek Mod
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to grkguy89
ela malaka welcome to the saab community
900s huh? i have one too (though i just put a turbo on it)
nice
we must see some pictures

Quote:
Current Activity: Moderating
Old 08-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #10
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstygreek View Post
Ok, good to know, I know for a fact I will need to replace the front suspension and ball joints so I amy take you up on your offer...I want a shop to check out the engine noise and tell me if its normal though, just seems like a rattly engine...
I have had more than a handful of both well and poor running motors. I also have a c900 cyl head mounted on my garage wall as an ornament. I fell like a shop would want to charge you so much money to 'rebuild' the head when you could buy a used one off of a person on here and do it yourself.

Just trying to tell you that I can diagnose engine noise.

Quote:
Old 08-18-2009, 05:42 AM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Marks9-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstygreek View Post
sippin some Sams Summer : )
Side note: I have been VERY dissapointed by this years Sam Summer, last years batch was way better. I keep trying it in hopes that I had a bad keg or few bottles, but alas I gave up for this season. Looking foward to the Oktoberfest now.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:08 PM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
I would guess it is tie rod/ball joint time. I did my outer tie rods at about that milage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 08-18-2009, 04:30 PM   #13
SAABeginner

As far as Sam's Summer I know what you mean it is missing something, if its still in your area try Magic Hat Wacko its their Summer Ale and its decent.

grkguy89 I will get some pics up soon, it is in MINT condition as far as the exterior

Saabeh, hmmmm do you think you would want to meet and take a listen/look this weekend? I wouldn't mind taking the ride up there to meet a forumite and have someone listen who knows these engines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in