New Hampshire!! Saab car clubs? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
TSLMember

New Hampshire!! Saab car clubs?

So I know the car scene for saabs is basically obsolete around here but I was wondering if anyone knows of any local car clubs dealing with saabs....very new the saab frenzy and would like to learn a thing or two...plus check out other peoples nice rides
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to DanF.
nesaab.org
1987 900T parts car
1987 900 SPG parts car
1991 900T sold
1997 9000 Aero sold
2004 9-5 Aero sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
Saab scene obsolete? We have 8 modified NG900/9-3's in Claremont alone.

Anyways, what's with the screen name?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:40 AM   #4
TSLMember

I have a love hate relationship with my saab...or euros in general...I have owned 2 vdubs before this saab (damn german engineering)...But minus the turbo lag I like my slob 9-3
Old 07-23-2009, 08:03 AM   #5
User
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabhater09 View Post
I have a love hate relationship with my saab...or euros in general...I have owned 2 vdubs before this saab (damn german engineering)...But minus the turbo lag I like my slob 9-3
Turbo lag?! ... These cars build boost almost immediately.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingZACH View Post
Saab scene obsolete? We have 8 modified NG900/9-3's in Claremont alone.

Anyways, what's with the screen name?
and a tuned tally about 5 minutes from you in milford. plus a 9k CS LPT turned CSE FPT.

oh yeah and a lot of other tuned cars...
Old 07-23-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Coming in a little sideways, ain't ya Saabhater? Hang out here and maybe you'll learn how to make that thing run right. Some of these guys are gettin 300 HP real easy with a cold air intake, 3" Downpipe, and ECU programs. Some are gettin 500HP with 30 pounds of boost and a bunch of money. Don't nobody here tell him 'bout that there dyno day comin up. He might start to like that car that Government Motors had their fingers into.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
TSLMember

GM is terrible I hate them lol...but seriously where are you guys in milf...would like to stop by and see your rides...need tips for upgrading
Old 07-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #9

Search this site... are numerous posts on upgrading Saabs.
1987 900T parts car
1987 900 SPG parts car
1991 900T sold
1997 9000 Aero sold
2004 9-5 Aero sold
Old 07-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #10
TSLMember

yea but finding the absolutely necessary upgrades for minor power increases compared to the ridiculous I-can-afford-alot of power upgrades is hard...I mean people really go all out
Old 07-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
you can get good stuff cheap if you just, y'know, do your research.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:39 AM   #12
TSLMember

yea a part of me wants more show than go...but then again...a little go is always nice
Old 07-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #13
User
Elder

Parts aren't all that expensive... Best route for you would be a 3" downpipe, open intake, fmic, saabsport exhaust, td04 15T turbo, and stage 4. It'll be plenty of "go" for the average driver. But be warned, you'll get bored of it very quickly and be tempted to go bigger...

Or you can just go the route of a Holset turbo, injectors, tune, fmic, exhaust, fuel pump, etc...

Here's a good start for you....

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/index.php

Old 07-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
These cars don't do "show" very well. It always sounds better on paper than it looks in execution.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #15
Elder

Quote:
GM is terrible I hate them lol...but seriously where are you guys in milf...would like to stop by and see your rides...need tips for upgrading
i will be in bedford soon. We could try to set up an impromtu meet. i want to try and get people to Epping to run the 1/4 for s&giggles..
Old 07-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #16
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
i will be in bedford soon. We could try to set up an impromtu meet. i want to try and get people to Epping to run the 1/4 for s&giggles..
Honestly, I would go to epping to see other cars run...but I wouldn't run mine only because its basically stock and in need of an aftermarket exhaust and stage 1 tune....
Old 07-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #17
TSLMember

[QUOTE=zingZACH;650396]Parts aren't all that expensive... Best route for you would be a 3" downpipe, open intake, fmic, saabsport exhaust, td04 15T turbo, and stage 4. It'll be plenty of "go" for the average driver. But be warned, you'll get bored of it very quickly and be tempted to go bigger...

Or you can just go the route of a Holset turbo, injectors, tune, fmic, exhaust, fuel pump, etc...

I have already used genuine saab for some basic stuff...but remember I am a college student returning to college within the next month...I will probably work during school...and I get paid by the army so maybe I can invest in that fmic and aftermarket bumper...
Old 07-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #18

You gonna live on campus?
1987 900T parts car
1987 900 SPG parts car
1991 900T sold
1997 9000 Aero sold
2004 9-5 Aero sold
Old 07-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #19
Elder

Quote:
Honestly, I would go to epping to see other cars run...but I wouldn't run mine only because its basically stock and in need of an aftermarket exhaust and stage 1 tune....
just run it. give you a good baseline to compare those future upgrades to. I mean why not run? you would be surprised at what you do on the track.

and why do you only want stage 1? what do you have against stage 2? not trying to slam you but like people told me going stage 1 would have just equaled me getting stage 2 as 1 just makes you want 2 that much more...
Old 07-24-2009, 08:04 AM   #20
TSLMember

and why do you only want stage 1? what do you have against stage 2? not trying to slam you but like people told me going stage 1 would have just equaled me getting stage 2 as 1 just makes you want 2 that much more...[/QUOTE]

those are also the people who wanted stage 3...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in