Life sans the man pedal - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 04:05 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to someguy
Life sans the man pedal

So, for a full five days I was without a fifth gear and a third pedal.

I helped my cousin find and buy a 2000 9-3 with only 63,000 miles on it. Unfortunately it also only had one key, no remote, no pixels in the SID, a few tail lights out, and no antenna. He was in Utah until today so I took his car while I was sorting out the above issues for him. I haven't driven an auto for a while save for diesel trucks so it was weird to be driving what was essentially my same car with one.

After spending a few days with an auto I'm going to have to admit I didn't hate it entirely. In sport mode it holds revs and feels lively enough for my tastes. When not in sport mode its way to unresponsive for my liking. I don't know if it was my imagination, but I think I felt a bit more vibration, but that might just be nitpicking. The only real place I missed the m/t was on the highway (revs are a bit higher on the auto) and not being able to hold a gear while cornering. My fuel economy was a bit less with the auto, which was odd because I used it for a bit more highway then I usually drive.

The auto has leather seats while mine has cloth, I think the cloth seats are a bit more comfortable IMO, the leather is a bit too stiff. The one thing I really liked about the new car is the interior color. Mine car has gray, which is a bit somber for an interior, while my cousin's car has tan, which I really liked.

Anyways, here are pics of the new car in the family next to my car when I switched them back out yesterday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1999 M3 Cabrio
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2009, 04:37 AM   #2
JK
Elder

I sure enjoy my neutered 9-3, although the tune helps. My Aero does get better mileage than my 9-3 auto, and I think even my 325xi does better as well...but its still the car I prefer to drive on a daily basis.

A slightly higher torque converter stall speed would really liven them up though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in