bsr exhaust - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to PAsaab900
bsr exhaust

what do you guys think of the bsr sport exhaust nick sells.. anyone have a sound clip of it.. i just got married so i have a lil bit of money to spend.. what do you guys reconmend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to saab4life93t
ive heard them on a 9-5 and a viggen... what are you going for interms of sound/ performance? to me the bsr is way to quiet almost seems like stock even under load.
2002 viggen current

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
Might be louder with the removal of the center muffler/resonator.

See if you can find a used/cheap saab sport.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 06-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 9000Andrew
I've heard that the BSR is a major disappointment in terms of increased sound/tone. If you want sound, you have to modify it. Overall though, build quality seems like it would be great being stainless though. Not cheap compared to the JT though.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by srp View Post
Might be louder with the removal of the center muffler/resonator.

See if you can find a used/cheap saab sport.
Second that on the saabsport. I heard one the other day on an otherwise stock early 9-3 and I was really impressed. Great sound and tone that was much louder than I had expected.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #6

yeah i deff heard that they arent that loud.. i want something with a lil bit of sound to it.. the bsr is cheaper then the jt i dont no where u are geting ur prices from.. i was gonna go with the bsr cause it is cheaper than the saab sport, but i would rather have that... im going to be getting the cs dp to go with the exhaust.. just trying not to spend alot..anyone got a used one for sale
Old 06-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #7

well im going to a local shope tom n im going to get a price on a custom setup with 2.5 pipeing and a 12inch glass pack as the center n just a tip on the end
Old 06-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #8
srp
Elder

I think you'll have to much drone with just a glasspack and no muffler. Do it right the first time.

I've got the GS v2 Downpipe and the Saab Sport exhaust it is a thing of beauty in looks and sound.

Plus you've got a kid on the way... Is he going to be riding in your car? Don't want to make the little ones cranky. Just something to think about!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #9

i no what u are saying i have that right now with the set up that came on my car.... i would love to do it but i have ther things that need to be fixed also.. how did the bov work out for you.... i would love to get version 1 n the saab sport n cl it a day but i dont think the wife would go for that....
Old 06-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #10
srp
Elder

Haven't had a chance to pick up the bov yet. Had it shipped to my moms house because I don't trust anyone at my apartment complex. I had the same one I bought from you in the past. I sold it awhile back and regretted it. I have a black one on the car right now. Red matches the car better.

You already have just a glasspack on the car? Is your exhaust failing? If not maybe pick up the downpipe first. It's a large improvement over stock. I chose the v2 because of the stainless replacement for the flex pipe. These north eastern winters have killed three flex pipes on me over the last 5 years. They won't anymore!
Old 06-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #11

well the guy i bought it off of did a dual fart can set up n he put a straight pipe in where the mid muff would be.. so i was going to do the set up i had on my n/a.. its was a 2.5 from cat back to a cherry bomb pro muffler.. it had a nice sound to it
Old 06-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #12

oh okay well thats good.. yeah i just had it laying around n i like the sound of the one thats on my car now...
Old 07-01-2009, 05:09 AM   #13
Trollerator
Elder

the bsr plus downpipe is louder than stock, but not much. it definitely has a deeper, nicer tone than stock though.

after having an annotingly loud car with DP and saab sport (9-3), having the BSR on my 9-5 is a welcome thing. It doesn't attract the wrong kind of attention. When I installed it the first time, without any other mods, there was a definite kick in the pants, it flows better and that is more important than a loud pipe.

also not rusting out is a cool feature

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 07-01-2009, 05:09 AM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
From one with a GS v1 downpipe+saabsport and a little one. It won't make him cranky at all. My kid loves it and just goes to sleep to it.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:52 AM   #15
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
V1 dp + saabsport + no balance shafts = loud and drone when cruising.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:33 AM   #16

Well I went to a shop today the guy said 275 for 2.5 n 375 for 3inch from the cat back...there is a whole at the muffler going to be used is a cherry bomb vortek turbo muffler....he sd the sytem on there now is all diff size pipe n it is leakeing in few spots....what do u guys think should I do the 2.5 or 3inch....ill aslo be either ordering a dp from nick or jak....thanks matt...
Old 07-01-2009, 06:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdukted1456 View Post
the bsr plus downpipe is louder than stock, but not much. it definitely has a deeper, nicer tone than stock though.

after having an annotingly loud car with DP and saab sport (9-3), having the BSR on my 9-5 is a welcome thing. It doesn't attract the wrong kind of attention. When I installed it the first time, without any other mods, there was a definite kick in the pants, it flows better and that is more important than a loud pipe.

also not rusting out is a cool feature
definitely right on. i am bias to this set up because i don't like loud exhaust.
if you want to keep a more subtle unsuspecting sound, BSR is the way to go. you can hear it coming, but more from the deeper tone- not the decibel level. it's like turning up the sub woofer on your stock exhaust, and you get a bit more flow.
it's very nice in person. youtube videos don't really do it justice, lol.

also, 4 NH winters without rust is a pleasant bonus.

i've never heard it in person paired with a 3" DP, but hopefully in a month this will be my new set up!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:49 AM   #18
srp
Elder

I'd be curious to hear a 3" DP with the BSR setup. My setup is insanely loud for what it is.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:52 AM   #19
Elder

Someone on eBay has a custom cat back exhaust for a 9-3 for sale right now for 250 obo. I think it's link member "jimbo" who's selling it.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #20

Its not a full sytem.....I no him....I don't think he is a member either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in