Viggen power vs quartermile time - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

Viggen power vs quartermile time

Hi guys was wondering what best quartermile time i could do with my vig without upgraing turbo? My car ran 15.1 at 158kph stock and with full tank of gas. I now have a 3inch DP, cone airfilter but no ecu upgrade and managed 15.01 at 157kph so virtually the same. How far do u have to go with mods to get faster times, but with more power comes more wheelspin and possibly slower times . Anyone out there with stock and mildly modified Viggens who have quartermile times i can compare with?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2009, 07:38 AM   #2
SAAB Road Master

Search www.dragtimes.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-05-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdegracia View Post
Thanks i have checked but not too many Viggens on there except for Nicks seriously quick Vig!

Old 06-05-2009, 08:04 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via MSN to liketheword Send a message via Yahoo to liketheword
This has been gone over many times before, please use the search function.

The biggest restrictions are gearing and suspension.

As for drag racing any Saab take a look at what GS has had to do or Nordic did to their cars. Forget the power upgrades look at the transmission, suspension, and chassis upgrades that help things along.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #5
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by liketheword View Post
This has been gone over many times before, please use the search function.

The biggest restrictions are gearing and suspension.

As for drag racing any Saab take a look at what GS has had to do or Nordic did to their cars. Forget the power upgrades look at the transmission, suspension, and chassis upgrades that help things along.
Goodstuff, thank you!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
SAAB Road Master

I don't have my slips with me, but my best time I ran was 14.7sec 99.XXmph. Spun 1st and 2nd and shifted into 4th just towards the end, prolly should have held 3rd a little longer instead...

My buddy ran his GTP grand prix , with mild mods (pulley, air filter, thermostat, ecu) and pulled me every time. However, on our drive back, 40-45mph roll-ons, it was not competition...litterally car lengths. So, as most have said before on here and the other forums, Saabs aren't the ideal drag car. Highway and roll ons, well that's another story.

mods: Y2K Viggen, nordic Stg 3, GS V2 DP, 3" through w/magnaflow rear box; ETS IC; Walbro 340; open air w/ "cold" air duct, all the poly bush/mounts and brace, on General UHP exclaims (hard rubber) at 28-30psi.

Time should have been better, since I think the clutch is slipping somewhere in 3rd. That will be taken care of some time this summer with a GS parts order...Quaife, disk, update kit, and psitons along with the 19t sitting in the garage.

Stg 5 here I come!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Clayson ran a 14.4 or 14.5 with just a cone filter and a poly mount. That was a bone stock 99'. He like me, has had plenty of passes at the strip. Traction/low 60ft times along with nailing shift points is the key to mid 14's at about 100mph in a stock Viggen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #8
Elder

I did a 14.263 @ 97 mph in my SE with the stock turbo (same turbo as Viggen, but 2.0L engine instead of 2.3L). That was on crappy 205/50/16 all season BFG's. Spare tire/accessories removed, very little gas. Weight was 3100 lbs. with me in the car.

The stock gearing/rev limit combination has a problem at this point because you're either adding an extra shift to 4th or you're bouncing off the stock rev. limit instead of continuing to accelerate. I think I bounced off the limit for the last bit in the fastest run.

Last edited by Drew in Houston; 06-05-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in