Dent removal tips? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

Dent removal tips?

I basically have dents from people opening their door on all 4 doors and now with spring here i can't stand looking at them anymore. I have been looking at DentOut, anyone use it or have any other recommendations?

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Moreboost
dry ice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreboost View Post
dry ice
have you even tried it?
what were your results?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
Elder

https://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38691

Just read the first post ha, dont worry about the rest of the thread hah

Old 03-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #5

i know- i posted on the thread.
i'm asking if you've tried it yet...

Old 03-28-2009, 08:24 PM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo9three View Post
i know- i posted on the thread.
i'm asking if you've tried it yet...
oh no but when i do, you will be the first person i tell

Old 03-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Straitup D
i have done it, it has worked wonders !!!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q280/StraitupD/untitled.jpg
Quote:
I'm really looking forward to your apology, because I love telling people to "get fucked"
Old 03-29-2009, 04:46 AM   #8
Elder

Good luck with dry ice. I love how people add their 2 cents when they haven't done it themselves. A local Subaru deaership near me has a paintless dent removal person who comes a few times a week, not sure how its done though. I've been thinking about going.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadenais View Post
Good luck with dry ice. I love how people add their 2 cents when they haven't done it themselves. A local Subaru deaership near me has a paintless dent removal person who comes a few times a week, not sure how its done though. I've been thinking about going.

agreed with the first part. very much so.

usually involves going in between the door skin and the interior door frame and using long skinnier versions of pry bars to massage the dent out, then a nice touch to smooth it out...

if they are good, it can look great. if they suck... RUN!

chances are if a dealership has them coming in on a regular basis, the guy is good.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:37 AM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
I've gotten pretty reasonable quotes from people like the "Ding King" and "Mr. Dent" to have them just do it. At least one of these guys just does this on the side, so a good cash offer will probably do the trick.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Just pay a pdr guy. I had my 9000 done two years ago. Cost me a little over $100 and he found at least half a dozen dents I didn't know were even there.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #12
Elder

I had all sorts of little minor dents and my parents had them removed for $200 I think. This time around, who knows since my HS parking lot played havoc with my poor baby

|
|
Old 03-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #13
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 9000Andrew
I highly suggest PDR. For under $200 and maybe two hours time, you'll be amazed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in