ECU Tuners - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
TSLMember

ECU Tuners

I'm just curious if anyone knows of a good reputable ECU Tuner for Saabs (obviously) in Ontario, Canada? Its just something i've been thinking about lately and figured why not ask around here.

Mike
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to viggenkid
really?

use the search function. there is lotttssss of threads about this.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
TSLMember

will do forgot about that, oops lol

Old 03-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Moreboost
idk about canada but here in the states, you have JZW, Paul, Delorean, and then the bigger tuners like nordic, SQR, check out GenuineSaab.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
Goto http://ecuproject.com and look at the options to self tune. There are tunes there that are very well setup from Biopower to petrol setups.

Buy a BDM or a CANUSB device and tune your car yourself....there is tons of information on self tuning there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:51 AM   #6
pfb
TSLMember

Does JZW have a website?? I rememeber seeing it referenced but there was no link and searches have turned up nothing...

Old 03-03-2009, 05:10 AM   #7
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggen_racer View Post
I'm just curious if anyone knows of a good reputable ECU Tuner for Saabs (obviously) in Ontario, Canada? Its just something i've been thinking about lately and figured why not ask around here.

Mike

As far as I know there are no tuners in Canada, unless people are using tuning Suite.

I myself am going with JZW for my tune, cant wait

http://jzwtuning.com/
Old 03-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
TSLMember

Well thanks for the link to JZW's site i'll definately check it out, let me know how the tune is because i'm quite interested.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:20 AM   #9
Elder

I went from two previous Jakstollperformance tunes to JZW for my stage 5 and could not be happier

|
|
Old 03-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehayes01 View Post
Buy a BDM or a CANUSB device and tune your car yourself....there is tons of information on self tuning there.
One of the options I am considering is getting the above mentioned parts and getting a performance shop with engine management tuning experience to crack it.

Or get a T5 Suite from one of the guys at a meet somewhere.

NIRA is still an option too. JL Racing had one for sale at one point http://www.jlracing.net/ but this is a different animal...

Old 03-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #11
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll_speed View Post
NIRA is still an option too. JL Racing had one for sale at one point http://www.jlracing.net/ but this is a different animal...
I love my Nira.. Need another too. Can you check and see if its still for sale? Thanks.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 03-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #12
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll_speed View Post
One of the options I am considering is getting the above mentioned parts and getting a performance shop with engine management tuning experience to crack it.

Or get a T5 Suite from one of the guys at a meet somewhere.

Well that really sounds like a good idea, if anything happens i'm interested and i'm willing to drive to Montreal cuz i have familly there lol
Old 03-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggen_racer View Post
Well that really sounds like a good idea, if anything happens i'm interested and i'm willing to drive to Montreal cuz i have familly there lol
Well the good news is that a fellow Saaber from Toronto is learning his way through T7 Suite as we speak. Maybe in the future, he'll be willing to give tuning others cars a crack.

And if don't go to him, I would most probably be getting mine done in Ottawa.

I'll PM the T.O. person now.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #14
Avid TSL User

Troll Speed, who does it in Ottawa ? I am in Ottawa so this is good news for me Mind you my tune from JZW will be here in a couple of days.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saab9-3se View Post
Troll Speed, who does it in Ottawa ? I am in Ottawa so this is good news for me Mind you my tune from JZW will be here in a couple of days.

My thoughts were to ask TAPP to do it once I get all the Suite parts. Only he doesn't know it yet. I figure he can do T5 with his tuning knowledge.

Come to the Ottawa club meet tomorrow at the Arrow and Loon (Bank & 5th)

Old 03-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #16
Avid TSL User

Yeah, I think my brother and I are going to show up for the first time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in