whats it worth? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

whats it worth?

kinda just was wondering what you guys think my car would be worth. its a 2000 9-3 base 81.5k on it. 5 speed 4 door. sun roof,leather, not power seats.

KBB is telling me its worth 2.5k, but less than 6 months ago it was worth over 5k on kbb. just wondering whats up with that. local prices for the same car with higher miles are being sold for higher than 2.5k(closer to 4-5k) and im slightly confused as to wh kbb is so low.

thansk for the help, it cna post any more info that would help you guys asses its value.

also no real reason to this thread, just made out of pure curiosity.

Amateurs.

2000 9tree
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2009, 02:05 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Hiker
Not sure if this will help, but a survey of local dealers (central New Hampshire) for your model yielded a low price of $3995.00 (with 129,000+ miles on it) to a high of $7900.00 (with 77,863 miles on it). The median seems to be ~ $5500.00 and ~ 95,000 miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sit Nomine Digna
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-27-2009, 05:40 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
I'd check out Nada as well to get a better idea of what its worth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:20 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
I check NADA, KBB and the Edmunds TMV (True Market Value, I think) and Craigslist when trying to triangulate a price.

Also, check through eBay to see what similar cars are actually ***selling*** for because, with the economy edging toward deflation, the pricing guides are having a hard time keeping up with changing prices.

The biggest thing to remember is that an asking price these days is rarely a selling price. Dealers may ask for $5,500 for a base 9-3, but I'm guessing very few actually sell for that price.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:23 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 8valvegrowl
Quote:
Originally Posted by aireeca View Post
I check NADA, KBB and the Edmunds TMV (True Market Value, I think) and Craigslist when trying to triangulate a price.
Isn't that technically quadrangulating?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:24 AM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8valvegrowl View Post
Isn't that technically quadrangulating?
Sshh...I'm a writer. Math is hard.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:40 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 8valvegrowl
S'ok, I just felt like busting your ba-----err, somethings.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker View Post
Not sure if this will help, but a survey of local dealers (central New Hampshire) for your model yielded a low price of $3995.00 (with 129,000+ miles on it) to a high of $7900.00 (with 77,863 miles on it). The median seems to be ~ $5500.00 and ~ 95,000 miles.
thanks man, on CL similar cars(some are se's and newer) are selling for more, but with many more miles. one was an 00 se with 179k i believe and he had it listed for 4k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowley View Post
I'd check out Nada as well to get a better idea of what its worth.
i shall!
Quote:

Also, check through eBay to see what similar cars are actually ***selling*** for because, with the economy edging toward deflation, the pricing guides are having a hard time keeping up with changing prices.

The biggest thing to remember is that an asking price these days is rarely a selling price. Dealers may ask for $5,500 for a base 9-3, but I'm guessing very few actually sell for that price.
ill give those a look
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8valvegrowl View Post
S'ok, I just felt like busting your ba-----err, somethings.
lol!

thanks for the help guys and gal

Amateurs.

2000 9tree
Old 02-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #9

a quick check reviels

nada- 4200 dealer trade in (approx)
55xx i think for private
kbb-2500
edmunds-private 4500ish
trade in 3600

so its worth between 4-5k ish which is kinda a bummer as i paid 5k not too long ago, and was hoping it would hold some value.

Amateurs.

2000 9tree
Old 02-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #10
Elder

Remember, the region in which you and the car reside also has some affect. I've run into this several times with cars.

Had I wanted to sell my 2001 9-3 SE (just under 90K), I should have done it before leaving New England since that era of Saab is much more common there than in Ohio where I now live. $4k seems to be the higher end of what I could get for mine out here, this being auto-tranny land, and all.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Hiker
Quote:
Originally Posted by tophusmaximus View Post
a quick check reviels

nada- 4200 dealer trade in (approx)
55xx i think for private
kbb-2500
edmunds-private 4500ish
trade in 3600

so its worth between 4-5k ish which is kinda a bummer as i paid 5k not too long ago, and was hoping it would hold some value.
Saab resale value... it never fails to disappoint.

Sit Nomine Digna
Old 02-27-2009, 11:42 AM   #12

Quote:
Remember, the region in which you and the car reside also has some affect. I've run into this several times with cars.

Had I wanted to sell my 2001 9-3 SE (just under 90K), I should have done it before leaving New England since that era of Saab is much more common there than in Ohio where I now live. $4k seems to be the higher end of what I could get for mine out here, this being auto-tranny land, and all.
yup, i may actaully have a buyer should i decide to sell it. jsut let this kid take itfor a test drive cause hes looking for a 01-02 se 5 speed so i figured id let him try mine. told him i might be selling later this year he was like yo ill buy it haha.

so well see what happens, he also said hed pay 5kish

Amateurs.

2000 9tree
Old 03-01-2009, 03:17 AM   #13
Avid TSL User

Saab prices seem to be tanking.....I've never seen Viggen prices so low! So low that a friend and I just picked one up to part out. Don't forget that you are looking at 'asking' prices....a lot of those cars just won't sell.

What's your car worth? Whatever someone is willing to pay for it!
Old 03-01-2009, 04:25 AM   #14
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBatsch View Post
Don't forget that you are looking at 'asking' prices....a lot of those cars just won't sell.

Precisely!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBatsch View Post
Saab prices seem to be tanking.....I've never seen Viggen prices so low! So low that a friend and I just picked one up to part out. Don't forget that you are looking at 'asking' prices....a lot of those cars just won't sell.

I was considering doing the same....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in