Ignition Issues? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via MSN to comtrang
Ignition Issues?

I've been ranting about this on the other forum for a couple days now..

Out of nowhere, problem started out as missing under acceleration so I figure either DIC or spark plugs. I finally took care of the plugs today. My spare DIC seems to be partially dead - no power so the DIC I've been using went back in right after the plugs and everything felt great. Great power under WOT, stronger than it's been in a couple months. Took it for a good test drive to make sure the problem was taken care of.

At work, I took it out again to get some dinner and I noticed timing being pulled, missing or something when under WOT, at a certain point compared to the random missing and shitty-ness of before. Took it out again just now and realized that under WOT, first feels fine - just a lot of wheel spin. Going into second and WOT, it pulls good as boost climbs until right at 15psi on my boost gauge, and it feels like timing is being pulled. I can't get past that point without letting off the gas a little bit. This was a consistent occurance so I'm not sure if it's ECU related, crappy fuel-related, or just another dying DIC.

It's been just a few days since this has all started but it's getting annoying really fast - I have enough to deal with as is. Help? Thanks.

Branden

SOLD '97 Saab 900SE
Stock 2.0
Holset HX35

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Branden
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via MSN to comtrang
Whoops.

Can a mod move this to the right section?

SOLD '97 Saab 900SE
Stock 2.0
Holset HX35

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Branden
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in