adjusting the clutch? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

adjusting the clutch?

is there a way to adjust the clutch?
i was looking around under there and i didnt see anything on the master cylinder. i looked in WIS and didnt find anything.
its a 99 9-3. i want to make the clutch disengage more, i do not think it is disengaging all the way right now.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Saabinduction Send a message via MSN to Saabinduction Send a message via Yahoo to Saabinduction
Isn't it an automatically adjusting hydraulic clutch?

I asked about my clutch pedal at a shop a while back and was told it's not adjustable because it's a hydraulic clutch and they are "automatically adjusting".

Whatever that means.

2003 9-5 Aero manual
2003 9-5 Linear auto
2003 9-3 Arc 6-Speed
1999 9-3 Base manual (Sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #3

i know, but there must away to adjust it. i think if i make the back stop smaller it will work, im going to take a very small amound off to see if it helps. or i was thinking to put something like sheet metal to make it longer.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
dip

Send a message via Skype™ to dip
How far does the pedal travel before it does anything? Could it be a matter of bleeding it properly?
Old 10-13-2008, 05:48 AM   #5
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
The back stop if adjusted too far down just keeps the master cyl from getting a new "bite" of fluid. Sounds like a worn clutch or air in the system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 10-13-2008, 07:00 AM   #6

it must be air, the clutch is almost brand new.
where is the back stop? the rubber part?
it will move a few inches
Old 10-13-2008, 07:02 AM   #7
JK
Elder

The clutch itself being brand new has no bearing on the hydraulic actuating part of the system.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:58 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to PAsaab900
sorry to thread jack... i just bought a 900 se and shifting from 4th to 3rd at like 3500 rpm it grinds. and when i go to put the car in reverse i have to either do it while the car is off or slame it in when the car is running.... the car that i bought has a viggen pressure plate n i was told that it wasnt pled so thats the reason y they problems are happening. could this be true. i was also told to adjust the shifter link. could that also be the problem..... any ideas would be nice thanks
Old 10-19-2008, 11:42 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Saabinduction Send a message via MSN to Saabinduction Send a message via Yahoo to Saabinduction
New Thread
Grammar
Spelling
"Do eet!"

There were a couple of sentences I didn't understand.
"viggen pressure plate n was told that it wasnt pled"
What does that mean?

From what I hear, it does sound like there is an issue with your syncro at the very least. The shift linkage possibly, but that "grind from 4th to 3rd" and the problems getting it into reverse sounds like syncro issues.
When trying to get it into reverse, does it help if you let the car roll back an inch or so and then try again?

As usual though, when you have a major issue with a major part and you have JUST bought the car, you may want to consider seeing if you can get out of it. At the very least you have transmission issues of some sort. I've noticed you have 189 posts on the boards here so I'm assuming you are not new to Saabs, which means I assume you know "transmission" equals "mucho dollars".

How many miles on the car? How much did you pay for it? Can you get out of the sale? Or do you know someone who does your work for cheap?
All of the above should be considered.

Where in PA are you? I've got a friend in St. Clair.

2003 9-5 Aero manual
2003 9-5 Linear auto
2003 9-3 Arc 6-Speed
1999 9-3 Base manual (Sold)

Last edited by Saabinduction; 10-19-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in