a pretty rare car at work - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2008, 03:55 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to dynaskiaero
a pretty rare car at work

The other day someone dropped off a 94 or 95 v6 ng900 with a munual. I thought this was a pretty rare sight.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2008, 04:06 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Not all that common, but they are out there. I've driven a couple....they're definitely fun to drive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-24-2008, 04:25 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Tboy on here has one with a catalog kit.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:20 AM   #4
Avid TSL User

Makes for a great race car in instances where turbos are not allowed. We've been looking for one to come in for quite some time that doesn't already have a snapped timing belt. We had a good line on one for like a hundred dollars but had no way of getting it off the guys property, so he ended up calling a junker; damn shame.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:45 AM   #5
Avid TSL User

ya they really are crushing a ton of saabs these days. It makes me really sad because i know there are aero's being crushed too. This one might be for sale, it wasn't even dropped off by the owner. They definetely beat the shit out of it with about 8000 miles from the last oil change, somehow the timing belt hasn't broken yet. The camshaft sensor was bad.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:40 AM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to SaabDriver87
I've been toying with the idea of making my V6 a 5-speed. I've got all of the parts, just no motivation.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:43 AM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Yep, I have a 5 speed V6. It is fun to drive. I like it alot. People think the V6 is a dog but 170 hp from 2.5 liters is not bad. It does rev like a turbine, and I often hit the rev limiter as there seems to be no ceiling to the power curve.

As far as rare, I've been looking through Craigslist alot and 5 spd saabs are rareon their own! There are a lot of automatics out there!

Here's a few pictures of the V6:

Old 07-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #8
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
I have always wanted to dyno one of these. Around here we have 2 manuals and together they are maybe running on 7cyl.. The V6 has nice power curve.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 07-25-2008, 08:23 AM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
I was bored and saw a Motorweek test of a 2.5 5spd yesterday.

I think they said 0-60 in 7.4 15.8 at 91mph. Thats not bad at all.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:57 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

5 speed 900s and 9000s sure arn't especially 9000's
Old 07-27-2008, 01:58 PM   #11
Avid TSL User

wow that really isnt that bad, a buddy of mine has a vr6 gti with a nice ecu and it is surpising on a roll.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in