Need Viggen Seat Wiring Diagram - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
ERP
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to ERP
Need Viggen Seat Wiring Diagram

Scored a pair of Viggen front seats, but installing them is going to be more work than I expected. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the seats, Haynes or WIS? The Viggen plug is not even close to my NG900 seat plug. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Viggen Seats.JPG (39.8 KB, 28 views)
1996 900 'Aero' 2.3t Sold -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2008, 09:04 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
My idea is to take off the skins, and put the viggen foams on your ng900 seat frames, then put the skins back on. You will need to trim up the finish piece with the switches. But this way you avoid making brakets and stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
ERP

I'm going to look into that option, but I saw some pictures from a guy who did that with 9-3 seats in his NG900. The leather was all wrinkly. It did not look very good. And it sounds like it is very hard to remove the heating element from the foam.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:41 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Saabsite has fresh heat elements, and you should actually be able to just splice the wires in for the heat.

I'm collecting the foams, and having a shop custom upholster. Its too impossible to find them in beige.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 03-12-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
ERP

I'm having the salvage yard send me the wiring harness that is attached to their Viggen, so I will have both sides of the Viggen seat plug. I'm going to cut my harness and splice it in.

I got lucky and found a black on gray Viggen seat which matches my interior, and it is in good shape. I don't think I can bring myself to take it apart.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
ERP

Still need some help on this. I've made a diagram of the driver's seat plug harness and color coded the connectors to match the wires. The plug is gray, and the light gray crosses are empty connectors, the black connectors are grounds. 13 wires in total

The red/blue, green, white, large red and large black go to the seat memory box. Obviously the power for the motors, but I do not know what all of them do.

The green/white, red/green, and 2 blacks go to a plug that changes to just a black and yellow wire that goes up under the seat. The Haynes for my Saab list the black and yellow wires as seat heaters.

The green/brown and a black go to a plug under the seat but are not connected to anything.

The large blue and brown in the yellow box go up the seat and are surrounded by a plastic yellow sheath. I have no idea what this is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Viggen Seat Plug Colors.jpg (21.5 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by ERP; 03-12-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:14 PM   #7
ERP

Real drivers don't need seats, our mad skills keep us in place.

I installed a plate to fit the Viggen seats, works well. still need to drill the back inside of the seat track to match the 900 track.

Here's the seat installed

I was able to get the motors to work by hooking up power and ground to the large red and black connectors, referring to the harness picture below. But they only work for about 10 seconds, then I have to pull the fuse and reset it. I need to figure out which wire turns the seat on, so they always work when the key is turned on. Is there anyone with a Viggen which can take the time to measure the voltages going to their seat when the key is on, and reference the harness picture below? It would help immensely.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #8
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to szucman
pm me if u want the WIS diagram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in