Saab Link Forums banner

hill climb with some friends

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  squarl 
#1 · (Edited)

This is Spiral Highway just north of Lewiston Idaho:

The climb starts at the first bit of horizontal road at the bottom and shuts off at the top.

The cars from front to back are:
early 90's audi - heavily modded
mr2 - more power mods than suspension
blue wrx - cobb tuned - stage ?
black wrx - similar power mods, but with better suspension and tires
my saab - mbc+a @15psi, downpipe, IC
outback - (camera car) very nice suspension...the passenger is telling the driver how to drive because its his car. He broke his foot or something, so he couldnt drive

I passed the black wrx at the first straight, and the blue one a few turns before they got passed by the bike. At the end of that large horseshoe part, I caught up to the audi and mr2.

See less See more
1 1
#3 ·
awesome that looks like so much fun, who is the guy that cant drive though needs to be told what gear lol

#13 ·
cooper: I've got no false illusions of my car in the corners, especially compared to an AWD. If the WRX guys had know them better, then it would've been different. That road is quite steep, and with as many straights and highspeed turns as its got, power is a huge factor. My saab has way more midspeed acceleration that any lightly modified wrx like those in the video.

So - drivers being equal between lightly modded 900 and wrx: it would be a close race. The saab would have the advantage at the start and in the horseshoe and the wrx would be better in between. I would bet the deciding factor would be if the WRX could stay close enough after the first few straights not to get rattled when he should be really concentrating and making up that time.

Haha, there aren't too many roads where I am not wishing I had a lotus to drive. This one would be nice, because once you get to the top, you could turn around and go down it. Coming down that hill with stock brakes is a quick way to boil brake fluid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.