Where does this connection go?? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2018, 03:11 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

Where does this connection go??

Okay so im finalizing my b205r engine build and i know where all the wires go besides one! In the picture attached im almost positive the white and brown wire is my reverse switch on the transmission, but where does the other wire go to? Its a black wire and a red and white wire with a green seal. Any help is appreciated im stumped! The wire is very short and it comes out from the firewall underneath the main fuse and relay box making me think it connects to something beneath the relay box but i dont see anything! Is there a connection on the abs module im not seeing ? Thanks

Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180821_185850_1534892771464.jpg (370.4 KB, 22 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2018, 05:33 AM   #2
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
Level sensor in the coolant bottle?
Oh, you said short, hood position switch attached to the relay box?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-29-2018, 03:49 PM   #3
SAABeginner

My 9000t manual trans has a couple of such items hanging around...who knows why? SAAB may have them for some variations, not needing them for manual trans...maybe they are hanging around from an earlier model wiring form or used for testing. The one with the clip on it gives the impression it has a matching plug/socket.

The maintenance manual should depict the colours in the wiring schematic. If you think one goes to the reversing lamp, first of all measure for voltages on all the wiries there so you don't short voltages to the -ve. ...Do you think it goes to the auto trans ? or to the lamp? If it goes to the auto trans it should be close to it...and another wire hanging about not far away (which may not have the same colours)

If you think the brown may go TO the lamp, you can continuity test it to the lamp with lamp in and lamp out.

As for the single wire....the cross section area of it should tell you whether it is a service wire or something larger to carry greater current.

Have you tried looking for photos (even on google) and looking at the area under question?...you might pickup your answers there. Otherwise...the schematic...which will show colours and plugs/sockets.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:17 AM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffcentola View Post
Okay so im finalizing my b205r engine build and i know where all the wires go besides one! In the picture attached im almost positive the white and brown wire is my reverse switch on the transmission, but where does the other wire go to? Its a black wire and a red and white wire with a green seal. Any help is appreciated im stumped! The wire is very short and it comes out from the firewall underneath the main fuse and relay box making me think it connects to something beneath the relay box but i dont see anything! Is there a connection on the abs module im not seeing ? Thanks

Jeff

is it the reverse light switch on the trans?
Old 08-31-2018, 11:32 AM   #5
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
According to WIS, a connector with a black and red/white wire is for the "bonnet switch, anti-theft alarm (276)"

It's attached to the relay and fuse box in the back corner of the engine compartment.
https://www.esaabparts.com/saab/parts/90355463
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in