2000 Viggen head Gasket Replaced - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2018, 10:27 AM   #1
TSLMember

2000 Viggen head Gasket Replaced

Hi

Just replaced the weeping head gasket on my 2000 9-3 Viggen... for the sake of babying this car until the new motor is finalized.
I firstly found that the gasket had been replaced once before with a elring gasket which I thought was interesting.
I replaced it because of the typical leaking from the drivers side and also just above the water pump... I was able to handle adding a bit of coolant every other day but I had a heater core hose blow on me and that sealed it.
Anyways I replaced the gasket last night. Finished buttoning things up this morning but...
Now it won’t stay afloat at idle...?

I’ve check all the usual suspects, timing marks look to be square.... I can figure it out... there does seem to be more of a hissing coming from the timing side...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2018, 06:47 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
An Idle search is usually a sign of an intake leak.

Just make sure all your vacuum lines are connected, and that the check-valves are in the correct orientation.
There's also the vacuum line to the evap solenoid that comes off the back of the throttle body on the timing chain side. make sure it's connected.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in