Another Key Question - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2016, 06:44 AM   #1
SAAB Road Master

Another Key Question

A few days ago I lost my only keys to the Saab. I've called around my area and finally got a hold of someone to cut it. Problem is, they can't find the Key Code to cut the key. I always thought that if provided the VIN number, they'd be able to cut it. Apparently that isn't the case. Any idea how I can find said Key Code?

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2016, 04:27 AM   #2
Greek Mod
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to grkguy89
i know this is 6 days later
you might have to go to a junk yard and find a Saab with a key and pull all the locks, ignition, and dice/twice
then install in your car and have the module married

EDIT: ng900 wont need the module, just locks and ignition so you can use any ng900, og9-3 or potentially early 9-5 (ones WITHOUT all in one remote key)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Current Activity: Moderating

Last edited by grkguy89; 12-22-2016 at 04:30 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-22-2016, 05:23 AM   #3
Elder

I just ordered a cut key for my '99 9-3 from esaabparts.com, all they needed was the vin. The key code is on the side of the ignition cylinder. which you need the key to be able to remove.

I would try giving them a call

Old 12-22-2016, 06:19 AM   #4
SAAB Road Master

I ended up calling ORIO and they set me up with a key. they called Sweden and got a hold of the key code . Had my key in 3 days....but it doesnt work

There are some burrs left from the cutting, so i'll take a dremel to it and try again later on today

Old 12-22-2016, 06:28 AM   #5
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha-d View Post
I ended up calling ORIO and they set me up with a key. they called Sweden and got a hold of the key code . Had my key in 3 days....but it doesnt work

There are some burrs left from the cutting, so i'll take a dremel to it and try again later on today
I had the same problem with my key. If you have not messed with the key yet, call them and let them know. Esaabparts ordered my key from orio. it was not cut 100% properly. They are sending me a new key.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:49 AM   #6
SAAB Road Master

I called them earlier today. He mentioned to hit the key with 1200grit paper. I dont see the point of that as the burrs are small and wont interfere with the key surface/cylinder.

I'll have them order another key

Old 12-23-2016, 04:41 AM   #7
SAAB Road Master

Update!

I called the previous owner, and they found an extra key!

side by side, the new and original key look similar, but are off in some parts.

i am happy :^)

Old 12-23-2016, 04:46 AM   #8
Elder

wow that was really lucky.
Old 12-25-2016, 11:16 AM   #9
SAAB Road Master

It was. When I first got the car she reassured me that she had the only one key. Good thing I got her to look

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Old 06-05-2017, 11:11 AM   #10
SAABeginner

I picked up a 2008 9.3 2.0T convert last week and only have one remote which has problems with the remote lock/unlock, but does manage to start the car. Today the car wouldn't start at all, no cranking, nothing.
I know I need to get another remote, but any ideas on why it won't even crank? Starter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in