dynoing the auto tranny - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2006, 10:13 AM   #1
Trollerator
Elder

dynoing the auto tranny

there is a sensor you can disconnect to keep the car in limp home and it will stay locked in 3rd.

i forget where it is...

anyone?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
Not sure on that but when I did mine we put it in Winter mode and it starts and stays in 3rd gear as long as the car is put in 3 and not D. I will look up in the WIS to see if I can find it for you though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-07-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
Trollerator
Elder

yeah i am not sure that worked for me last time...

Nick T mentioned you can force it into LHM I just want to be sure to unplug the right thing

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan

Old 09-07-2006, 10:39 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
Just pull all the plugs and you will surely get the right one with one of them.

Actually I always though you should have gotten more power than what your car put out being that Ricot put down 218 with no software. If I find the sensor I will let you know.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:54 AM   #5
Trollerator
Elder

yes i think I am going to try again soon... now that I have the IC and I am getting my ECU re-flashed, it should be a bit better... although for the lower HP than i expected, i have to say the car is like a rocket on the highway

I put 215HP/240ft-lbs maptun stage 1ECU + cone intake
then 201 HP/199ft-lbs same setup, different dyno
I put 231 HP 255Ft-lbs down last time nordic stage 3 (but that ECU was not my final tune)

unless i have something wrong HW wise wth my car that has not manifested as a major issue yet.

I do hope to get some more ponies... TQ is nice and flat curve and probably plenty for this tranny

also want to check the A/F again

also i have to mention I don't think they really got a good solid run last time cause the tranny kept shifting

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 09-07-2006, 11:02 AM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
its amazing how much power can vary from dyno to dyno, and even day to day. the SOC dynos were a great example, last year people were getting like 20-30hp more than they were this year from what i saw, and that was even the same dyno! best bet if you want to compare when you make changes is to use the same exact dyno, and with weather thats at least fairly uniform. also have to keep in mind that different dyno manufacturers give quite different readings, mustang dynos usually read lower than dynojets. lots and lots of variables, always gotta take dyno #'s with a grain of salt.

Paul

Old 09-08-2006, 06:03 AM   #7
Elder

Abdukted check page 7 of this PDF and there is a reference to the LHM relay.

Limp Home Relay

Old 09-08-2006, 06:13 AM   #8
Trollerator
Elder

thanks Steve

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 09-08-2006, 07:32 AM   #9
dip
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Skype™ to dip
If you want to prevent the ECU from fiddling with the throttle plate and lock it to the throttle cable, you can just push the limp home rod on the side of the TB, and it will lock itself. All you need is a screwdriver or a pocket knife. However, I recall reading in the WIS that the limp home mode does not allow the throttle to be fully opened - there's not enough arm travel, so it can be opened further by the motor only. If this is true, you might not get full power.

I dynoed my stage1 '99 9-5 Linear in winter mode a while ago, and it remained in 3rd all the way. The numbers were 170 whp / 230 wtq on a hot summer day with a crappy fan, sounds reasonable for conditions.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:40 AM   #10
Elder

I did mine in Winter mode as well and it was in 3rd the whole time too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in