Mighty Car Mods - 1993 900 Turbo - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2016, 06:27 AM   #1
DEW
TSLMember

Mighty Car Mods - 1993 900 Turbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8A0OZnMbuc

I'm a fan of this long-running Australian YouTube series. They seem like good guys, and they each gave themselves a challenge to find and modify a turbo car for less that AUS$3000.

One of them (Moog) found a very pretty 1993 Saab 900 Turbo. Should be interested to see how they approach it, as neither appear to have direct experience with the car.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2016, 06:57 AM   #2
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

I am also curious what they will do. I know some other Saab enthusiasts are trying to get them in contact with Mike D in order to assist with a T5 swap but I am afraid they will butcher the car up on purpose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-08-2016, 08:09 AM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Totally stoked for this. That color is glorious.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:40 AM   #4

Bump. They've posted the next series of build videos for the $3000 Turbo Car Challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/user/mightycarmods
Old 03-29-2016, 05:44 AM   #5
Elder

I've been watching this. I can't stand the ignorance. there is way too much chatter and not enough working. I have to skip ahead in every video and when I get to the end all they've done is installed a set of springs.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojohnny View Post
I've been watching this. I can't stand the ignorance. there is way too much chatter and not enough working. I have to skip ahead in every video and when I get to the end all they've done is installed a set of springs.
Turbojohnny walks the walk. I normally get a kick out of these guys, but once they sawed off the bumper for the FMIC, I lost all hope.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:35 AM   #7
Elder

yeah that was a bummer, and then the turbo timer/ electronic boost controller. lame ricer stuff.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:17 AM   #8
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Gotta remember most people don't think highly of Saabs, because of various reasons. While I don't condone cutting up such a clean car, it should be interesting to see what happens. They mentioned this is their new format for these videos. Much less editing and more banter.

If you want to see the sickest build, watch the Stagea build on their second channel mcmtv2.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:25 AM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
I agree with Johnny... more worky, less talky

And brilliant placement on the FMIC... sitting on the bumper and blocking about 2/3's of the flow though it.

Last edited by Cark; 03-31-2016 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:30 AM   #10
WSW
Elder

Not to mention the bov install
Old 03-31-2016, 06:12 PM   #11
Flirting With TSL Addiction

It's amazing how people are very anal about the way they are building and the way they keep fooling around in the episodes. I've followed these guys since 2013 and I knew that they would mess around on the episodes. They even gave fair warning about the amount of talking that they would do. Not to be a huge D, you have the option to get up and leave or shut your computer down. Yes they cut the bumper. It hurt me as well but I did not take it personal. Relax everybody has their own way of building their own cars. Not everything has to be a clean sleeper. Some people like to be loud and proud with speed. Watch it and enjoy or just build your own 900 the way you want. Rant over.

On a positive side: I really would like to see who come on top. Marty is basically fixing a car that wasn't built properly (No boost, turbo fo-sho, all looks no glory) and Moog is modding a car already boosted from factory but the mods are not too serious if you think about it because it seems as though he is using the old tricking for more boost method using an electronic boost controller. I think Moog may coome out on top because he has less chance of hitting fuel cut at high RPM's than Marty....... lol TooSexy haha. I can't wait for the race. When Moog goos a more simpler route he usually comes out on top with less work done. I cannot wait.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:55 AM   #12
Elder

I don't really care too much what they do to the cars, I just want to see more work done in an episode.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:31 AM   #13
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
I guess I keep waiting for them to do the really simple bolt-on stuff for a turbo car to the 900.
Everyone knows.. Intake, exhaust, FMIC, and "ecu".
Old 04-03-2016, 11:38 AM   #14
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Watching this season I already knew that I was going to cringe seeing the mods that they were going to do to the car but I also knew that these guys were going to be doing things I wouldn't do to my Saab. I really wish that Moog would check out some of the forums that are out there that way he could get a general idea of the easy free upgrades he could do to spank "Too Sexy" without dishing out too much money. They built an exhaust for the mini, he could do the same for this Saab and it would have been simpler too; most of it is straight haha. What can you say though, I have a coworker with a 9-3 that hoped and dreamed of a Cherry Bomb be a replacement end muffler to the poor car and he made it happen.

The sketchy rim guy though was hilarious this past episode. Craigslist purchases in Australia some a bit more extreme haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in