aftermarket radio and working SID? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2015, 02:27 PM   #1
Elder

aftermarket radio and working SID?

I remember when I had my first 900 I had installed an aftermarket head unit, but the functions of the sid no longer worked, as far as dte and avg mpg.

is there a way to install an aftermarket radio and still have the SID function properly?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2015, 07:10 AM   #2
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
That's strange, they should not be affected.
You should only lose display of radio related displays.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-26-2015, 02:33 PM   #3
Elder

I'm pretty sure i remembered them not working. maybe I'm wrong. it'd be great to be sure. I'm contemplating installing an aftermarket head unit. but I want my avg mpg and dte to function properly.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:17 PM   #4
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to chevyman
Ive never seen that happen before, even in a couple og-9-3's. Ive had an aftermarket radio in my ng900 for many years with no effect on those sid functions
Old 01-26-2016, 02:11 PM   #5
SAABeginner

That is happening to me now. I had a Pioneer head unit installed and the SID no longer gives information on the SID for anything but temperature and time. The other odd thing is that it seems to flash every 15-20 seconds, like a short. The place that put it in cannot find any issue. Still investigating.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:40 PM   #6
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
Which SID do you have? How many buttons?
Old 01-28-2016, 05:02 PM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Huh... when I had an aftermarket unit in my '98 GOOSE I still had all of the info sans radio station. sounds like someone didn't wire it right?
Old 02-20-2016, 07:57 PM   #8
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighSaab View Post
That is happening to me now. I had a Pioneer head unit installed and the SID no longer gives information on the SID for anything but temperature and time. The other odd thing is that it seems to flash every 15-20 seconds, like a short. The place that put it in cannot find any issue. Still investigating.
If it's flashing, then chances are there's something connected to one of the bus wires in the radio's wiring harness. It's pretty common for a VW radio harness to have that problem, and VW harnesses are what most people use for aftermarket radios in Saabs. A lot of those have the antenna trigger in the same position that Saab uses for a bus wire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in