What's it worth - my 2k viggen - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information

General NG900 / Old 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2015, 06:48 AM   #1
gm
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

What's it worth - my 2k viggen

I am debating selling my Saab. I was hit just over a week ago which pushed in the 1/4 panel just under the left rear tail light... Also has rust on the passenger side rocker panels, b pillar and a few other places, headliner just started sagging and it still has a hesitation at times.

Car has a bunch of mods... But has 158k miles and is tired... I do not have the funds to fix the rust and also install a fresher engine.

Mods include ecu, down pipe, turbo, quaife lsd, ap racing 335 mm brakes, 9-5 rear brakes, aftermarket wheels, koni suspension, all chassis braces, etc...

Any guess what the thing is worth?

Saabless for the first time since 1986
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2015, 07:30 AM   #2
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

The body damage really fucks the price up. Probably $3,500 +/- $500. What makes you say the engine is tired?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-30-2015, 07:45 AM   #3
gm

Yea... The bump in the back hurts a bit and I figure the rust is what really kills the value

I went to a local shop this morning who I know are Saab fans. Talked with the owner... He stated its a $5-6k car and needs $3k in rust repair... This morning he said usually $1-1.5k is what it's worth to him and after he talked with his son... Which is who would get the car his son offered $2k. My bet is I could get a few hundred more out of them...

Car doesn't have the power it use to and has running issues... Always worried about sending a piston through the block and the 10-20 drivers schools I did in the car probably didn't help.... But man was it fun

Old 06-30-2015, 08:46 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
If I were you I would trade people stock parts +cash and sell the car for $2500. You'll come out with closer to $4-4500 that way.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:00 AM   #5
gm

I forgot to say... A little over a week ago the valves makes noises until the engine has some heat in it.... Another reason I consider it tired

Yea I thought about parting it out partially..... However I don't have the time and am willing to take a hit (like I did on my spg) for it to go to someone who will fix it up.

I thought about removing the ap racing brakes (which I took off my spg)..... I have the oem parts... Just don't know if anyone is looking for a bbk.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:20 AM   #6
WSW
Elder

I'd be interested in the brakes, I'd be interested in the LSD trans too but I'm sure you're not parting out
Old 06-30-2015, 09:20 AM   #7
WSW
Elder

Post some pics of the damage
Old 06-30-2015, 12:53 PM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
You just can't seem to win with this car That sucks Gary, really sorry to hear.

It has the awesome orange interior and an 18t too right???
Old 06-30-2015, 01:38 PM   #9
gm

Yea... The last few months haven't been the best but it's been a awesome car.... Driving the old spg was more rewarding but this thing has been very reliable and has treated me extremely well over the years.... Th

I could turn the bump into insurance but don't want my rates to go up thus not going to mess with it. Someone bumped the car in a parking lot and I have no clue where it happened.

Yes it has the 6cm -18t... Forgot who I purchased the turbo from, I think someone on this site. It's always leaked oil and groans when it spools... Amazed it's lasted as long as it has.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:27 AM   #10
lms

Cut bait, take the money and run. Sounds like the car needs someone that has the time and money to get her back in shape and it sounds like you are not in it anymore. Its a 15 year old car, sounds like its time to move on.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:34 AM   #11
gm

WSW - Yea lack of time would make it very difficult for me to part out, rather the entire car go somewhere so the new owner can do whatever they want. It is possible that I could sell the car with stock brakes up front, any idea what you would be willing to pay? I will then have to talk to the local shop and see how much that affects what they would pay. Loved those AP's on my spg... And also a huge improvement on the viggen. I also have a extra set of 17's that clear the brakes

I will take some pics of the car this evening and post them.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:38 PM   #12
gm

WSW - I just sent a email your way in regards to my car......

I ended selling it to a local person/shop that will bring it back to life. It has been acting up a lot more loosing power for a second or so and I didn't want WSW to be left stranded on his drive home, thus I sold locally.

I think I have a few items to sell. Oem spark plugs, fuel filter and a fiberglass sub enclosure that fits where the spare tire sits. It holds a single 12 and doesn't weigh much at all.... Not sure if anyone is interested in any of that? I spent a few hours today yanking the stereo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in