Saab Link Forums banner

whats the submodel???

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  WLDSAD 
#1 · (Edited)
So we are having some issues with our Saab 9-3. The biggest issue however is getting parts that we need. Most places I try to get parts from ask for a sub model. How do I figure out what the sub model is on this particular car; Base, SE, Viggen? And can anyone recommend a good place to get parts from? We have Advance Auto, Auto Zone, NAPA, Fishers that are nearby, we have used JC Whitney.

Thanks for your help
SAD

#2 ·
See if this eeuroparts VIN feature will help European Auto Parts - Wholesale Genuine and OEM Saab BMW Volvo Parts

I recommend that you order on-line with eeuroparts, Saabsite, FCP euro, etc vs local, unless its oil and filters, etc.

The SE model should have an SE letters/badge on the back or sides. The Viggen will have a triangular badge on the side, and if you pop the hood, should be a sticker indicating 2.3l engine vs the 2.0l engine for base and SE.

See if you can find a good local indy Saab or at least a european shop in your area that can/will work on Saabs.

#5 ·
Half of that battle is knowing for which parts does it MATTER what submodel.
when I have to call autozone/advance, I tell them it's a 2000 9-5, 2.3, and that they can pick whatever after that. if they press, I say aero.

There will be VERY few parts that will matter what the sub-model is.
You could probably tell just about anyone that it's an SE, regardless of the trim.

Eeuroparts is good at making it easy to choose. just be careful choosing their "budget" parts. eeuro used to have a reputation of selling high quality parts at reasonable parts. now, they sell mostly cheap aftermarket stuff at great prices.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.